The H430 IdeaCentre Desktop Computer from Lenovo is a multitasking machine with a 3rd generation Intel Core i5-3330 processor and 8GB of DDR3 RAM. The integrated 1TB hard drive spins at the disk speed of 7200 RPM and provides you with the storage capacity to save HD movies, videos, photos, music and a variety of other files. The included slot-in DVD reader and writer makes it simple to burn your movies, photos, and files directly on a CD or DVD and also watch DVD movies and listen to music from CDs.
View all of your HD movies by connecting an HD quality monitor (sold separately) or TV directly to the HDMI port located on the back of the computer. The integrated Intel HD Graphics 2500 supports not only movie watching, but game play as well. For listening to audio during games or movies, you can connect a 5.1 surround sound speaker system to the computer or listen privately via the computer's headphone jack. For web-conferencing, calling, or chatting, you can connect a microphone to the computer's microphone jack.
Along with the computer, you will receive a USB keyboard and mouse as well as a software package. Among the many titles in the software package, you will receive PowerDVD and Amazon Kindle reader software.
With four USB 2.0 ports on the back and two USB 2.0 ports on the front you can connect a variety of peripherals from printers to external hard or solid state drives. The 6-in-1 memory card slot allows for quick transfer of data from a variety of memory cards. Connect this computer directly to a router, modem, or network switch for fast, stable Internet access.
With Windows 8 as the installed operating system you can take advantage of a completely redesigned Start screen. This Start screen features tiles that update in real-time, providing quick access to news, weather forecasts, sports scores, social network updates and more. Windows 8 also features cloud storage as well as apps, which can be downloaded from the Windows Store helping to create an entirely new Windows 8 experience in comparison to previous versions of the Windows operating system.
- With the included Lenovo Rescue System you can easily backup and recover your data in case of power failure or damage to the computer.
- With Lenovo Enhanced Experience 3 for Windows 8 you can take advantage of RapidBoot allowing for up to 40% faster start up times than a typical Windows 8 computer.
- The Redesigned Start Screen
- Windows 8 introduces a redesigned Start screen, placing a variety of information in one place. The traditional Windows 7 desktop screen has been replaced with a more tablet style design featuring tiles. These tiles are customizable by adding and removing tiles to your liking as well as real time updates. News, weather forecasts, sports, contacts, apps and more are available for you to use. If you prefer the traditional Start screen of Windows 7, you have the option to switch to it
- To the Cloud
- With Windows 8, when signed in to your computer using your Microsoft account, you'll have instant access to your personal Start screen, themes, language preferences, browsing history and browser favorites. You can also connect to services such as Microsoft Outlook, Facebook, Linkedin, Twitter and more. The Cloud can also be utilized along with SkyDrive allowing you to stash your files on your hard drive as well as in the cloud, giving you access to those files no matter where you are. Your stuff is available on multiple PCs, your smartphone, and even non-Windows devices with the free SkyDrive app installed on them
- Windows Store
- In the Windows Store online you can search for or browse thousands of apps. Choose from the featured apps or grab one of the most frequently downloaded apps. You can also see how other people rate apps. For certain apps, you can try it out before you buy it so you can make sure you absolutely want an app before you spend your hard-earned money on it