The Pioneer CDJ-2000nexus Pro Multi-Player is a professional-level CD/DVD deck with the ability to play audio files from several other sources. In addition to audio routed from a USB-connected Mac or PC, the CDJ-2000nexus includes an SD card slot and a USB type-A port for connecting storage devices. The CDJ-2000nexus also features Wi-Fi audio streaming from smartphones, tablets and computers using the proprietary rekordbox apps and software.
The top panel of the CDJ-2000nexus features a large jog wheel, a 6.1" full color LCD screen and controls for flagship functions such as Beat Sync, Wave Zoom and Slip. The rear panel includes analog RCA stereo outputs, a coaxial digital output, a control port and a LAN PRO DJ Link port. Pro DJ Link enables up to four CDJ-2000nexus players to connect and share a single music source.
The CDJ-2000nexus's included rekordbox music management software allows users to organize their music library. rekordbox analyzes each file and prepares it for use with the CDJ player. Music file analysis functions such as Wave Form Zoom and Key are available, as well as additional settings such as Active Loop and Hot Cue Auto Load.
- Pioneer rekordbox Software
- Data Analysis: Wave Zoom, Key, Wave, Beat Grid, BPM, ID3 Tag
- Track Settings: Active Loop, Hot Cue Auto Load, Cue, Loop
- Creation and editing of Playlists
- Saving of playback log information
- 6.1" LCD Display
- A large, full-color WQVGA 6.1" LCD panel displays song titles, album art and detailed track information. The Waveform data of each song is also illustrated on screen and the Wave Zoom function provides five different levels of magnification
- Extra Features Enabled by Pro DJ Link
- Beat Sync: Tempo and beat location of music currently playing on one device can be matched with another at the push of a button
- Traffic Light: Shows the key of the music being played on Pro DJ Link connected decks, making key-compatible music easier to find by color indicator
- Beat Count and Phase Meter: The Beat Count feature displays the number of beats until a set point. The Phase Meter feature shows the beat/bar of the music. These numbers can also be displayed simultaneously by Pro DJ Link connected players
- Performance Functions
- Slip Mode: Slip Mode silently continues song playback during a loop, reverse or scratch and resumes playback at the resulting time when the loop, reverse or scratch is ended
- Quantize: The Quantize feature ensures cue points are set accurately and automatically, correcting and syncing beats during manual looping or real-time cueing
- My Settings: This function allows you to save your preference settings to an external device. The settings can also be created and saved on the rekordbox App or software, allowing users to implement custom settings when ready to use the CDJ-2000nexus
- Wolfson Processor: The player is equipped with the Wolfson DAC processor, delivering accurate audio signal with an efficient signal-to-noise ratio and increased headroom
- DJ Software MIDI/HID Control
- Up to 35 controls on the surface of the player can be used to trigger other devices, such as DJ effectors and software by way of HID and/or MIDI