The Marani DPA480A 4 x 8 Input / Output Speaker Management System from Marani is the company's flagship digital speaker management system. Designed for maximum versatility, it provides all the processing and control necessary for both live and fixed installation use. It offers 4 analog inputs, 8 analog outputs and 2 digital S/PDIF inputs, managed by a powerful DSP Engine, in addition to high performance 24 Bit AD/DA converters.
Each input channel provides a choice of EQ with 5-band parametric equalizer, noise gate function, gain control and configurable delay. In addition each input includes a pink/white noise generator, which may be used for tuning sound reinforcement systems during installation. Each output offers up to 7-bands of parametric equalization, in addition to the crossover filters which themselves provide slopes from 6dB/octave up to 48dB/octave. Each output path also features an RMS compressor, peak limiter and configurable delay.
The DPA480 supports a full matrix mixing mode where inputs may be routed/mixed in any ratio to any output. For remote configuration and control the DPA480 can be connected via Ethernet, USB or RS485. The control remote PC software allows simultaneous control up to 32 units, setting all parameters and showing real time levels.
- 24-bit high end converters
- 48kHz sample rate
- 4 inputs, 8 outputs with full matrix mixing
- 5 band parametric equalization per input channel
- 7 band parametric equalization per output channel
- Each band can be switched to Bell, Low/High Shelving, Low/High-Pass, All-Pass, Band-Pass and Notch
- Low/High Shelving, Low/High-Pass, can be selected as 1st and 2nd order, variable Q response
- Crossover filters with slopes from 6dB/Octave up to 48dB/Octave including Butterworth, Bessel, Linkwitz-Riley and customizable topologies
- Each output features a precision dynamic range controller composed of a Peak Limiter and a RMS Compressor with selectable ratio and variable knee
- Adjustable Delay time up to 850 ms for every input and output channel
- Pink/White noise internal generator per input channel for setting and tuning audio system
- Front panel USB connector for direct PC communications
- Ethernet interface, RS485 connection for system setup, monitoring and control via manageable remote PC software
- Front panel interactive LCD display for local access and configuration
- Front panel 7-LED level meter indicators per channel
- Front panel Memory Card reader/writer for preset storage
- Simultaneous control up to 32 units via PC software