Norton Internet Security 2013 by Symantec is the latest Internet security software from Norton, and features many of the previous version's security programs, including their patented 5-layer defense protection, Sonar Behavioral and Live 24/7 Threat Monitoring, and improved bandwidth management that adjusts Norton data usage updates when connecting to 3G networks to avoid high data charges.
Exclusive Norton Internet Security modules include Norton Online Family which gives you complete control and oversight of your children's online activity, along with improved antiphishing activity and Download Insight 2.0 which scans downloaded files and alerts you to potential Trojans, worms and viruses. Also exclusive to Norton Internet Security is Norton Management, a cloud-based control system that lets you fix, update, renew and install NIS and brings together other available protection for devices like your Mac, smartphone or tablet.
Features new to this version include the Norton Identity Safe, which remembers, secures and stores user names and passwords, and Norton Safe Web for Facebook which scans your Facebook News Feed for dangerous links and infected downloads. There's even a threat-removal layer that targets and eliminates threats that other programs miss.
Norton follows up on their protection with 24/7 technical support through chat, online or phone. The program scans and updates only when you're not using the computer, without user prompting and without a slowdown in your computers process. It doesn't even need rebooting after an update. It also stops cybercriminals from using vulnerabilities in other applications that let them sneak in through the back door of programs and enter your PCs infrastructure.
This version allows a single user to install the software on up to 3 PCs.
- Norton Protection System
- 5 layers of protection detect and eliminate threats quickly and accurately.
- Network Defense Layer Protection
- Stops online threats before they can reach your computer.
- SONAR Behavioral Protection & Live 24x7 Threat Monitoring
- Stays ahead of, detects and eliminates threats that haven't been invented yet by watching your PC for suspicious activity.
- Threat-Removal Layer
- Targets and eliminates hard-to-remove threats less sophisticated products often miss.
- Norton Management
- Cloud-based controls let you fix, update, renew and install Norton Internet Security over the Internet with a few clicks. It brings together your available Norton protection for other devices, like your Mac computer, smartphone or tablet in one place.
- Always Up-to-Date Product Version
- Norton automatically sends you important product and feature updates throughout the year. The latest version installs without you needing to do anything.
- Norton Identity Safe
- Remembers, secures and automatically enters your user names and passwords for you.
- Norton Safe Web for Facebook
- Scans your Facebook News Feed for dangerous links, infected downloads and unsafe websites.
- Parental Controls Management
- Lets you access Norton Online Family through Norton Internet Security
- FREE 24x7 Support
- Offers you expert help and answers by phone, live chat, or online, whenever you need them
- Antiphishing Technology
- Blocks fraudulent "phishing" websites set up by online scammers to steal your money, passwords and identity.
- Improves performance by identifying safe files and only scanning unknown files.
- Norton Safe Web
- Proactively protects you while you surf the Web by warning of and blocking unsafe and fake websites right in your search results.
- Browser Protection
- Proactively protects you by checking for and blocking online threats as your browser loads, to stop online threats before they can do damage.
- Download Insight 2.0
- Protects you from dangerous applications before you install them by telling you if they are harmful or unstable.
- Vulnerability Protection
- Stops cybercriminals from using security holes (vulnerabilities) in applications to sneak threats onto your PC.
- Bandwidth Management 2.0
- Automatically adjusts Norton data usage updates when you connect to 3G networks to avoid using up your monthly data allotment or causing overage fees.
- Norton Pulse Updates
- Updates your protection every 5 to 15 minutes, without disrupting you.