Designed for TV and HDTV systems in Europe, Asia, Australia, Africa and South America - the Canon LEGRIA FS405 Camcorder (PAL) is a standard-definition camera that supports video recording and still image capture. It features a DIGIC DV II Processor and CCD image sensor that work together to provide detailed, life-like images. The camera also features an SD/SDHC/SDXC memory card slot and a genuine Canon 37x optical zoom lens with 41x advanced zoom. To ensure steady shooting, the FS405 is equipped with electronic image stabilization. Plus, a 2.7" LCD monitor supports shot preview and instant playback.
The camera also supports several shooting modes for video and still image, as well as user-friendly functions including Video Snapshot and Pre REC. The Pre REC function ensures all important moments are captured even if you press the record button three seconds later than you wanted. All the camcorder's features make it an ideal everyday or travel camcorder for entry-level users just getting started in video recording.
- 41x Advanced Zoom & Genuine Canon Lens
- The LEGRIA's DIGIC DV II Processor offers a 41x advance zoom that brings distant subjects closer. The camera also features a genuine Canon video lens that delivers high-resolution video. The lens features 10 elements in 8 groups with one high-refraction glass and one double-sided aspherical
- Electronic Image Stabilizer with Dynamic Mode
- The LEGRIA's Electronic Image Stabilizer with Dynamic Mode technology compensates for sudden camera movements or handshake, even while walking or in wide-angle shooting mode, so you can have professional-looking videos without the need for additional tripods
- Long-Lasting Power
- This LEGRIA camcorder features silent and speedy operations with low power consumption for extended recording capacities. Even better, its Convenient Quick Charge gives you 3x the power, with up to 60 minutes of recording time from just 20 minutes of charging
- PAL Recording Camcorder
- The LEGRIA FS405 camcorder is designed for use outside of North America. It's made for countries that support the PAL color encoding system. Phase Alternating Line or PAL recording is used in several regions around the world - including: North Africa, East Africa, Western Europe, Central Asia, East Asia, Southeast Asia, South America (Brazil/Argentina), Great Britain, Australia and Oceania (South Pacific Islands). PAL camcorders usually record using 25p, 50i or 50p frames per second (fps), while NTSC camcorders usually record using 60p/60i/30p fps. North America supports NTSC recording, which means this PAL camcorder is not compatible with TVs and HDTVs in the United States and Canada
- Widescreen 2.7" (6.9 cm) color LCD monitor with dimmer setting (approx. 112,000 dots)
- Video Shooting Modes: Auto, P, TV, Portrait, Sports, Night Scene, Snow, Beach, Sunset, Spotlight, Fireworks
- Still Image Shooting Modes: Auto, Program, Portrait, Sports, Night Scene, Snow, Beach, Sunset, Spotlight, Fireworks
- TTL-video signal sensing system AF
- Easy operation features include a zoom lever and a navigation joystick
- Built-in stereo condenser microphone