Scarlett 2i4 from Focusrite is a two input/four output USB audio interface featuring two Focusrite pre-amps with phantom power and 10 dB pads. USB bus powered and housed in a compact anodized aluminum unibody chassis makes the unit a perfect choice for musicians and digital DJs.
Compatible with both Mac and Windows based computers, the interface features Neutrik combo inputs that accept microphones, line sources, and instrument levels. Four RCA outputs, and a headphone output provide the digital performer and laptop DJ with convenient connectivity.
Direct monitoring is available to avoid latency during recording, and signal halos surrounding the gain knobs provide visual feedback of proper input levels. MIDI I/O with activity indicators allows for connecting synthesizer or other MIDI related modules. A comprehensive selection of cross platform software is included.
The Focusrite Red 2 and Red 3 Plug-In Suite (AAX, Audio Units, VST) delivers accurately modeled plug-ins based on the classic Focusrite Red 2 EQ and Red 3 Compressor hardware. The plug-ins allow for conveniently exploring the sound of the hardware originals from within Pro Tools (10 and above), along with other audio software. The software is a free download for new and current owners of the Scarlett 2i4.
- Two microphone preamps with global phantom power and per channel 10 dB pads
- Neutrik combo XLR/TRS input connectors with line/instrument switches
- Balanced and unbalanced outputs
- MIDI In and Out ports for connecting synthesizer modules or digital pianos
- Direct monitor function with Stereo/Mono switch for avoiding input latency when recording
- Headphone source switch (outputs 1-2 or 3-4)
- Gain halos around the gain knob for each input provide monitoring of correct signal level
- Includes software for Mac and PC
- Focusrite Red 2 and Red 3 Plug-In Suite (AAX, Audio Units, VST) delivers accurately modeled plug-ins based on the classic Focusrite Red 2 EQ and Red 3 Compressor hardware
- Rugged aluminum unibody chassis
- USB bus powered