The Unveil 1.6 De-Reverberation & Signal Focusing Processor Plug-In from Zynaptiq is a real time Audio Unit, VST 2.4, and RTAS/AAX compatible plug-in that can boost or attenuate the reverb level on mono or stereo tracks. It is based on Zynaptiq's proprietary Mixed-Signal Audio Processing, or MAP technology, which works by internally isolating sonically important elements in a mix, and then allowing you to increase or decrease them. The Unveil also uses a model of the human auditory system to isolate the elements we perceive as reverb, and then separating those elements from the mix.
The 64-bit Unveil can be used in a variety of audio applications, including mixing, mastering, and audio for film. Film mixers can clean up dialog or location sound that might have been previously unusable, removing those elements that often cause noise or muddiness. Mastering engineers can remove reverb from over-saturated mixes, and since it works on mono sources as well as stereo, mixing engineers can easily use the Unveil on individual tracks.
- Audio engineers can attenuate reverb in recordings
- Film mixers and dialog editors can remove reverb from dialog and location sound
- Music producers can turn vintage drum-loops rich in reverb into dry recordings, and vice-versa
- Foley artists can remove ambience from sub-optimally captured sounds
- Mix and mastering engineers can bring key mix elements into focus by attenuating components commonly referred to as "mud"