Big Fish Audio's DVD: Elite Orchestral Percussion is a premium 19GB library filled with an unparalleled variety of both traditional and unusual orchestral percussion. The collection features over 250 distinct orchestral percussion instruments across the full span of categories: bass drums, snare drums, cymbals of every type, chimes, gongs, handbells, mallets, tambourines, timpani, triangles, wind chimes, wood blocks, accessories, FX, and ethnic and world instruments.
Elite Orchestral Percussion features a number of cutting-edge techniques to maximize and enhance the playability of the library, including a randomization engine which utilizes a variety of advanced techniques to maximize realism. A full performance view is available in all instruments, enabling instant triggering and programming of various common percussion articulations such as flams, 3-stroke ruffs, chokes, rolls, and realistic rhythmic pattern generators.
Elite Orchestral Percussion offers dozens of different room and reverb options via a custom set of convolution impulses implemented in EZRoom. EZRoom is a drop-down menu in the interface that, with one click, allows you to place the percussion in everything from the world's greatest chapels and concert halls to caverns, chambers, and small rooms. Unusual sonic spaces are also included for esoteric effects. EZRoom multiplies the different sonic options available to the discerning orchestral writer.
- More than 250 patches of orchestral instruments categorized by family: Accessories and FX, Bass Drums, Chimes, Cymbals - China, Cymbals - Crash, Cymbals - Ride, Cymbals - Suspended, Ethnic and World, Gongs, Handbells, Mallets - Glockenspiels, Mallets - Marimbas, Mallets - Vibraphones, Snare Drums and Toms, Tambourines, Timpani, Triangles, Wind Chimes, and Wood Blocks
- 19GB of 24-bit samples
- EZRoom control in all patches, allowing the ability to instantly place the percussion in any one of over 50 different sonic spaces
- Integrated Humanize engine, offering quick control over pitch, tuning, and volume randomizations
- Custom articulation and pattern engine built-in, allowing instant triggers of chokes, flams, 3-stroke rolls, full rolls, and rhythmic patterns, all of which are automatically synced to host tempo
- Onscreen EQ controls allowing independent control of three bands (frequency, gain, and bandwidth)
- Velocity curve settings that allow easy adjustment for normal, louder, and softer playing
- Multitimbral operation, supporting up to 64 simultaneous instruments loaded (subject to RAM availability), receiving up to 64 MIDI channels (16 in plug-in mode)
- Kontakt Player 2 engine, supporting standalone operation as well as plug-in operation in all major hosts that support AudioUnit, VST, RTAS, or DXi plug-ins
- Special upgrade pricing to the full version of Kontakt 3, which allows for fuller editing of the instruments