The 500 GB Ultrastar A7K2000 Enterprise Internal Hard Drive from HGST is a robust, fourth generation mechanical designed internal hard disk drive which can store up to 500 GB worth of data and comes in a 3.5" form factor. It is specifically built and tested for enterprise as well as big data and cloud storage, Massive Scale Out (MSO), data warehousing and mining, disk-to-disk backup and archiving, RAID arrays and Network Attached Storage (NAS) environments, where storage density, watt-per-gigabyte and cost-per-gigabyte are critical parameters.
With SATA II 3 Gbps interface, 7200 RPM rotational speed and 1.2 million hours of MTBF, the Ultrastar A7K2000 offers better overall performance than slower RPM drives, yet does so at lower power consumption rates. Backed by a full 5 year warranty, the Ultrastar A7K2000 provides up to a 300 MBps data transfer rate and 32 MB of data buffer cache. It features an enhanced Rotational Vibration Safeguard (RVS), a hardware-based bulk data encryption (BDE) option and 24x7 enterprise-class duty cycle. With its halogen-free design and power-efficient operation, the Ultrastar A7K2000 qualified for the HGST EcoTrac classification.
- Delivers Industry-Leading Reliability
- The Ultrastar A7K2000 is a robust, fourth generation mechanical designed internal hard disk drive with 1.2 million hours MTBF specification and is backed by a full 5 year warranty. It is specifically built and tested for enterprise as well as for the applications where storage density, watt-per-gigabyte (W/GB) and cost-per-gigabyte are critical parameters. It features an enhanced Rotational Vibration Safeguard (RVS) for robust performance in multi-drive environments and 24x7 accessibility for enterprise-class, capacity-optimized applications.
- Doubles the Capacity Density
- The Ultrastar A7K2000 comes in a 3.5" form factor and stores up to 500 GB worth of data. It can offer twice the data storage capacity with low power consumption and has an advantage over its predecessor, Ultrastar A7K1000.
- Combines 7200 RPM Performance and Granular Power Control
- Operating at 7200 RPM, the HGST Ultrastar A7K2000 offers better overall performance than slower-RPM, capacity-oriented drives at low power consumption rates. When compared to its predecessors, Ultrastar A7K2000 can offer up to 155% improvement in sustained data transfer rate and 120% improvement in watts-per-GB (W/GB). With five Advanced Power Management modes, it achieves a 36% reduction in watts during low-RPM idle mode, and uses less than 1 W during standby or sleep mode. It can help data centers to achieve lower AC power and HVAC requirements, freeing up precious headroom for growing enterprise needs.
- Enhances Data Safety and Security
- To ensure the utmost data safety and security, the Ultrastar A7K2000 provides a bulk data encryption (BDE) option. Its hardware-based HGST BDE implementation doesn't slow down the system. This technology also speeds up and simplifies the drive re-deployment and decommissioning process.
- Sustainable and Environment Friendly
- With its halogen-free design and power-efficient operation, Ultrastar A7K2000 has qualified for the HGST EcoTrac classification, which identifies products that minimize environmental impact in the areas of product design, manufacturing, operation and disposal.