The 3 TB Ultrastar 7K3000 Enterprise Internal Hard Drive from HGST is a fifth generation HGST 5-platter mechanical designed internal hard disk drive which can store up to 3 TB worth of data and comes in a 3.5'" form factor. It is specifically built and tested for the enterprise as well as for big data and cloud storage, decision support and RAID, Massive Scale Out (MSO), data warehousing and mining, disk-to-disk backup and archiving, RAID arrays as well as Network Attached Storage (NAS) environments, where storage density, watt-per-gigabyte and cost-per-gigabyte are critical parameters.
With SATA III 6 Gbps interface, 7200 RPM rotational speed and 2 million hours of MTBF, it offers better overall performance than slower RPM drives, yet does so at lower power-consumption rates. Backed by a full 5 year warranty, the Ultrastar 7K3000 provides up to a 600 MBps data transfer rate and 64 MB of data buffer cache. It features a Dual Stage Actuator (DSA), an enhanced Rotational Vibration Safeguard (RVS), a hardware-based bulk data encryption (BDE) option and 24x7 enterprise-class duty cycle. With its halogen-free design and power-efficient operation, the Ultrastar 7K3000 has qualified for the HGST EcoTrac classification.
- Delivers Industry-Leading Quality and Reliability
- The Ultrastar 7K3000 is a robust, fifth generation HGST 5-platter mechanical designed internal hard disk drive with 2 million hours MTBF specification and is backed by a full 5 year warranty. It is specifically built and tested for the enterprise as well as for such applications where storage density, watt-per-gigabyte (W/GB) and cost-per-gigabyte are critical parameters. It provides SATA III 6 Gbps interface for configuration flexibility, up to a 600 MBps data transfer rate and 64 MB of data buffer cache. It also features a Dual Stage Actuator (DSA) and an enhanced Rotational Vibration Safeguard (RVS) for robust performance in multi-drive environments, as well as 24x7 accessibility for enterprise-class, capacity-optimized applications.
- Increases Capacity Density by 50%
- The Ultrastar 7K3000 comes in a 3.5" form factor and can store up to 3 TB worth of data. It can deliver 50% more data storage capacity at 32% reduction in watts per gigabyte (W/GB) and has an advantage over its predecessor, Ultrastar A7K2000. You can achieve a colossal 1.8 PB of storage capacity in the footprint of a standard 19-inch enterprise storage rack by stacking ten 4U, 60-bay enclosures.
- Combines 7200 RPM Performance and Granular Power Control
- Operating at 7200 RPM, the HGST Ultrastar 7K3000 offers better overall performance than slower-RPM, capacity-oriented drives at low power consumption rates. With regards to sustained data transfer rates, it is up to 3 times faster than its predecessor Ultrastar A7K2000. With five Advanced Power Management modes, it achieves a 59% reduction in watts during low-RPM idle mode, and uses less than 1 W during standby or sleep mode. It can help data centers to achieve lower AC power and HVAC requirements, freeing up precious headroom for growing enterprise needs.
- Enhances Data Safety and Security
- To ensure utmost data safety and security, the Ultrastar 7K3000 provides a bulk data encryption (BDE) option. Its hardware-based HGST BDE implementation doesn't slow down the system. This technology also speeds up and simplifies the drive re-deployment and decommissioning process.
- Sustainable and Environment Friendly
- With its halogen-free design and power-efficient operation, Ultrastar 7K3000 has qualified for the HGST EcoTrac classification, which identifies products that minimize environmental impact in the areas of product design, manufacturing, operation and disposal.