The 2 TB Ultrastar 7K4000 Enterprise Internal Hard Drive from HGST is a sixth generation HGST 5-platter designed internal hard disk drive which can store up to 2 TB worth of data and comes in a 3.5'" form factor. It is specifically built and tested for enterprise class as well as for big data and cloud storage, Massive Scale Out (MSO), data warehousing and mining, disk-to-disk backup and archiving, RAID arrays as well as Network Attached Storage (NAS) environments, where storage density, watt-per-gigabyte and cost-per-gigabyte are critical parameters.
The Ultrastar 7K4000 is an Advanced Format drive and is backwards compatible with legacy 512-byte sector size by offering built-in 512-byte emulation through the SATA III 6 Gbps interface. With 7200 RPM rotational speed and 2 million hours of MTBF, it offers better overall performance than slower RPM drives, yet does so at lower power consumption rates. Backed by a full 5 year warranty, the Ultrastar 7K4000 provides up to 600 MBps data transfer rate and 64 MB of data buffer cache. It features a Dual Stage Actuator (DSA), an enhanced Rotational Vibration Safeguard (RVS), a Thermal Fly-height Control (TFC), a hardware-based bulk data encryption (BDE) option and 24x7 enterprise-class duty cycle. With its halogen-free design and power-efficient operation, the Ultrastar 7K4000 has qualified for the HGST EcoTrac classification.
- Delivers Industry-Leading Quality and Reliability
- The Ultrastar 7K4000 is a robust, sixth generation HGST 5-platter designed internal hard disk drive with 2 million hours MTBF specification and is backed by a full 5 year warranty. It is specifically built and tested for enterprise class as well as for applications where storage density, watt-per-gigabyte (W/GB) and cost-per-gigabyte are critical parameters. It features a Dual Stage Actuator (DSA) and an enhanced Rotational Vibration Safeguard (RVS) for robust performance in multi-drive environments; Thermal Fly-height Control (TFC) with internal thermal sensor to provide better soft error rate for improved reliability and performance and 24x7 accessibility for enterprise-class, capacity-optimized applications.
- Increases Capacity Density by One Third
- The Ultrastar 7K4000 comes in a 3.5" form factor and stores up to 2 TB worth of data. It can offer one third (33%) more data storage capacity at 24% lower watts per gigabyte (W/GB) and has an advantage over its predecessor, Ultrastar 7K3000. The Ultrastar 7K4000 is an Advanced Format drive, backwards compatible with legacy 512-byte sector size by offering built-in 512-byte emulation through the SATA interface.
- Combines 7200 RPM Performance and Granular Power Control
- Operating at 7200 RPM, the HGST Ultrastar 7K4000 offers better overall performance than slower-RPM, capacity-oriented drives at low power-consumption rates. With five Advanced Power Management modes, it achieves a 59% reduction in watts during low-RPM idle mode, and uses less than 1 W during standby or sleep mode. It can help data centers to achieve lower AC power and HVAC requirements, freeing up precious headroom for growing enterprise needs.
- Enhances Data Safety and Security
- To ensure the utmost in data safety and security, the Ultrastar 7K4000 provides a bulk data encryption (BDE) option. Its hardware-based HGST BDE implementation doesn't slow down the system. This technology also speeds up and simplifies the drive re-deployment and decommissioning process.
- Sustainable, Environment Friendly
- With its halogen-free design and power-efficient operation, Ultrastar 7K4000 has qualified for the HGST EcoTrac classification, which identifies products that minimize environmental impact in the areas of product design, manufacturing, operation and disposal.