The AMP1-S8DA 8-Channel AES and Analog Audio Processor from Wohler Technologies processes and monitors up to 8 channels from AES/EBU or analog audio sources and features 8 high-resolution 53-segment LED level meters, a high-contrast LCD status display, a variety of balanced and unbalanced I/O connectors, and useful down-conversion features.
This unit contains 4 audiophile-quality drivers and 3 power amplifiers; 2 speakers and amplifiers reproduce midrange and high-frequency information in stereo, while a third amplifier and 2 speakers handle summed LF information below the 500 Hz crossover point.
This unit also features 8 26-segment high resolution, tri-color LED level meters showing simultaneous VU and PPM for superior level metering. The front panel features an innovative LCD display of phase/polarity relationships. Output limiter circuits are incorporated to protect the speakers, and extensive magnetic shielding allows placement immediately adjacent to video monitors with no color impurities.
Status display shows current settings and signal status. Input presets may be configured and recalled and settings are non-volatile. Three separate amplifier/driver combinations ensure high-fidelity and optimally focused sound by independent reproduction of the mid-high frequencies in the left and right channels and the bass frequencies in the center woofer channel.
Output limiter circuits are utilized for speaker protection. Features include a stereo analog output of the selected audio source on 2 XLR connectors, volume and balance controls, power LED, stereo headphone output, internal power supply, and robust mechanical design with magnetic shielding.
This unit is suitable for space-critical environments such as TV facilities, studios, VTR bays, mobile production vehicles, satellite links, and any rack mount environment where multi-channel audio monitoring is required.
- Eight 26-segment tri-color LED bar graphs displaying simultaneous VU and PPM
- Headphone jack (mutes speakers)
- Front panel summing of any combination of up to 8 channels to the left and/or right speakers and selected analog outputs.
- High quality drivers and power amplifiers
- Audible indications of phase/polarity problems
- Phase-correlation display of selected channels
- Output limiter protected speakers
- Comprehensive downmix capability
- Phase correlation indication
- Software is field upgradable
- Storage for 10 preset monitoring settings for easy recall
- Alternate scales, color mappings
- Phase correlation or sum & difference may be specified at the time of order
- Thorough magnetic shielding prevents interference from nearby equipment
- Electronic cancellation provides detection of out-ofphase (reversed polarity) audio feeds
- Good frequency response and low distortion
- Focused sound, reduces adjacent bay crosstalk
- Ultra near-field offers exceptional monitoring performance
- Small rack space requirements makes it suitable for space-critical environments