The compact and light VMMDA-1 2-Channel HD/SD-SDI, AES, and Digital / Analog Audio Monitor from Wohler Technologies is a compact and lightweight unit offering full-range fidelity. Two front-firing midrange tweeter speakers and a compact high-performance woofer are arranged in its bi-amp design. The speaker systems are protected against blowout by limiters. The summed bass feature allows for audible detection of out-of-phase conditions.
Electronic rather than acoustic cancellation of bass frequencies provides positive audible detection of out-of-phase (reversed polarity) audio feeds. The unit features two 10-segment VU LED bar graph level meters. Fast and averaging phase LEDs give visual alert of out-of-phase conditions. A 3-way toggle switch selects between the analog or digital inputs.
Muting may also be activated from a switch remote (sold separately) from the rear panel. An auxiliary analog output of the selected analog or digital source is provided on the rear panel.
This VM Series monitoring unit is magnetically shielded to allow interference-free operation. Its lightweight and shallow depth chassis makes it suitable for use in portable and mobile vehicle applications.
- Only one rack space high, but produces a powerful 96 dB SPL at 2'
- Electronic power output limiting prevents speaker blowout
- Thorough magnetic shielding allows placement next to video monitors
- Headphone jack with speaker muting
- Balanced analog inputs
- AES input on balanced Phoenix connector and unbalanced BNC connector
- Selectable termination on AES input
- Balanced stereo analog output of selected source
- Lightweight and shallow-depth chassis
- Internal universal AC mains power supply
- Two 10-segment LED bar graph audio level meters
- Phase and power indication LEDs
- Volume and balance controls (jumper configurable as A volume/B-volume by specifying the option SVC)
- Monitors analog, AES, and SD-SDI or HD-SDI audio sources
- Source selected using a front panel 3-position toggle switch (analog, AES, or SDI)
- One of 8 channel pairs from SDI groups 1 to 4 selectable with front panel rotary switch (when SDI is the selected source)
- LED indicates SDI lock status
- Two analog inputs on Phoenix connectors
- Applications: Suitable for use in VTR bays, mobile production vehicles, teleconferencing installations, multimedia systems, satellite links, cable TV facilities, and on-air radio studios