The VAMP2-MDA audio monitor is capable of monitoring embedded AES and Analog audio signals separately or in conjunction with CVBS, HD-SDI, or SD-SDI video signals. In Mix mode, each of the 4 input channels may be individually assigned to be monitored from the left or right speakers.
Color coded LEDs above each level meter bargraph display indicate which channels are selected for monitoring and to which speaker they are assigned.
Audio phase relationships are indicated by a bi-color (Red /Green) LED on the front panel. Audio input selection status is indicated by LEDs in close proximity to the selection buttons. When monitoring digital SDI signals, a selection of 4 SDI groups is selectable via a front panel button.
Analog or AES audio signals may be monitored separately from the HD/SD-SDI and CVBS video inputs or a track video feature may be used to automatically route audio input to follow the video input signals.
Audio meters are tri-color (red / amber/ green) and have a dynamic range of 65 dB. The bargraph brightness is adjustable using controls located on the top cover.
2 pairs of auxiliary AES inputs and 8 analog audio inputs are also included for applications that do not use embedded audio. The built-in color LCD screen allows confidence monitoring of video from either the SDI input or composite analog video inputs. Also included is a composite video monitor output from the selected SDI source for use with larger, external video monitors. The analog audio section features 4 channels and level meters; any of the 4 channels may be selected independently and sent to the 2 channel speaker system, headphone output, and phase indicator. Thus, this monitor is capable of independent monitoring of each audio track and is a useful tool for converting and demuxing digital signals.
- Self-powered speaker system
- 2 SDI and 2 composite video inputs
- SDI to RGB/YUV video output
- Convenient front panel SDI audio group select control
- 2 groups of 2 AES/EBU or 2 groups of 4 analog audio inputs
- Headphone jack mutes speakers
- 53-segment tri-color LED level meters show VU and PPM simultaneously
- Converts SDI to analog composite video output
- Internal or external speaker switch (no amplifier needed)
- De-embeds any selected audio group from SDI to AES/EBU digital and analog outputs
- 4" (10.1 cm) color LCD video screen auto-detects NTSC/PAL
- Low power consumption