The AMP2-S8DA 8-Channel Audio Monitor from Wohler Technologies offers high quality 8-channel analog and AES/EBU multichannel audio monitoring and conversion as well as professional level metering. This unit contains 3 audiophile-quality drivers and 3 power amplifiers; 3 speakers and amplifiers reproduce midrange and high frequency information in stereo, and 2 amplifier / driver combinations handle summed LF information below the 500 Hz crossover point. The front panel features an innovative LCD display of phase/polarity relationships.
Output limiter circuits are incorporated to protect the speakers, and extensive magnetic shielding allows placement immediately adjacent to video monitors with no color impurities. The unique design provides optimally focused sound for operators in an ultra near-field of 1 to 3' (0.6 to 0.9m) working environment and offers performance comparable to that of many separate monitor pairs, without any installation hassles, awkward speaker placements, and added-on look. This provides for a higher SPL for the operator while reducing overall ambient sound and adjacent bay crosstalk. Extended HF response reveals potential problems with audio whine or hiss.
Electronic rather than acoustic cancellation of bass frequencies provides positive audible detection of out-of-phase (reversed polarity) audio feeds. A headphone jack is provided on the front panel that automatically mutes the speakers. This unit is suitable for space-critical environments such as TV facilities, studios, VTR bays, mobile production vehicles, satellite links or any rack mount environment where multi-channel audio monitoring is required.
- Headphone jack (mutes speakers)
- Front panel summing of any combination of up to 8 channels to the left and/or right speakers and selected analog outputs
- High quality drivers and power amplifiers
- Audible indications of phase/polarity problems
- Phase-correlation display of selected channels
- Output limiter protected speakers
- Thorough magnetic shielding prevents interference from nearby equipment
- Electronic cancellation provides detection of out-of phase (reversed polarity) audio feeds
- High frequency response and low distortion
- Focused sound, reduces adjacent bay crosstalk
- Ultra near-field offers good monitoring performance
- Small rack space requirements makes it suitable for space-critical environments