The black/red Event Messenger 150 from Lowepro is a grab-and-go bag with some interesting features that make it a viable alternative to a standard shoulder bag. The bag is sized to hold your DSLR with attached lens, 2-3 extra lenses (up to a 70-200mm f/2.8), or a flash with two lenses, accessories and personal items. The bag is sized to also hold your iPad/tablet in its own padded compartment. The interior is customizable using adjustable touch fastened dividers.
The "wow" feature of the Event 150 is its Dual-Mode Flap system. There are two ways to open the bag. First, there is a front snap coupled buckle to secure the entire bag. Second, there are touch fasteners that can be used to close the bag without using the snap coupler. However, the Event 150 comes with a unique way to fold back those touch fasteners so that when you open the bag, it will not make the traditional "ripping" sound that touch fasteners are known for. This will help you when you are shooting in a venue where excessive sound will be disturbing to your subject such as a chess match or courtroom.
The front zippered accessory compartment contains slash pockets for pens, memory cards and your phone. The Event is carried by an adjustable shoulder strap or its top grab handle for quick access retrieval from your car or closet. It's made from a combination of a nylon polyurethane exterior and polyester, tricot, foam interior. The Event 150 comes with a limited lifetime warranty from Lowepro.
- Dual-Mode Flap
- This unique flap design allows you to use the bag in grab-and-go fashion or fold back the flaps using touch fasteners for access to your gear when shooting in quiet venues
- Wide main compartment with adjustable dividers
- Thin, lightweight, streamlined profile; adjustable shoulder strap; top grab handle
- DSLR with attached lens; 2-3 extra lenses (up to 70-200mm f/2.8) or a flash and 2 lenses; iPad/tablet; accessories and personal items
- Carry-On Form Factor
- FAA and airline carry-on specifications are subject to change without notice, please check with your airline before designating this case as a carry-on item. Most airlines require carry-on items to have an external linear measurement that is equal to or less than 45.0" (114.3 cm). The external dimensions of this case add up to 30.2" (76.7 cm)