The DF-583 Power Zoom TTL Flash from Vivitar is a fully automatic, dedicated Canon E-TTL / E-TTL II system speedlight. It features full through the lens (TTL) support for Canon DSLR cameras, and a bounce, zoom, and swivel head that gives you more creativity when lighting your photos. Eight selectable power levels and an automatic shutter speed grant you precise control over the ten power zoom positions from 18mm-180mm, and high speed synchronization - to capture fast subjects.
Versatile enough to be used outdoors, as well as inside a professional studio setting, the DF-583 makes it possible to set up a studio environment anywhere, anytime. It incorporates a built-in reflecting plate and diffuser, which expands the angle of illumination for larger venues. A red focus beam will help you achieve focus in low light conditions, and power saving circuitry incorporates an auto-off element to give you longer battery life.
The built-in rotary dial makes selecting modes and settings quick and easy, while the information displayed on the rear LCD panel clearly shows those settings you've chosen. Power the flash with any four AA batteries, and turn on the power saving function in order to conserve battery power and prolong battery life. With all of these features, and more, the Vivitar DF-583 helps photographers fill shadows, add depth, avoid red-eye, and improve image resolution - with detailed manual controls when you want them or simple automatic modes when you don't.
- Canon System Dedicated Speedlight
- Having a dedicated flash means this speedlight is fully compatible with Canon system cameras and functions, including high-speed sync, TTL, and more.
- 10x Power Zoom Positions: 18mm-180mm
- Set the nearest zoom position to your attached lens for optimal compatibility and lighting whether you're using a wide-angle 18mm or telephoto 180mm lens. These positions include: 18, 24, 28, 35, 50, 70, 85, 105, 135 and 180mm.
- Guide No. 54m (ISO 100, 105mm)
- This speedlight has a guide number of 54m (177 ft) as a mark of its ability to illuminate a subject photographed at ISO 100, and set at 105mm.
- 8x Selectable Power Level Ratios
- Reduce the flash's output by using the power level ratios, in order to capture images using faster flash speeds and shorter flash durations. These include: 1/1, 1/2, 1/4, 1/8, 1/16, 1/32, 1/64 and 1/128.
- TTL Metering
- Measuring and metering the scene with this dedicated flash, you gain full advantage of autofocus and through the lens (TTL) features in order to more quickly and accurately light a scene.
- Full Manual & Slave Mode Controls
- Use the full manual and slave mode controls to achieve precise and creative lighting techniques for the exact look you're going for. Experiment with multiple flashes and manage the amount or speed of light with these controls.
- Bounce, Zoom & 360° Swivel Head
- For even more ways to modify and direct the light the head includes bounce, zoom and swivel capabilities. The bounce angles of the flash head include 0, 45, 60, 75 and 90°. Its Power Zoom positions include: 18, 24, 28, 35, 50, 70, 85, 105, 135 and 180mm. And the Swivel angle of the speedlight head is 360°.
- Built-In Wide-Angle Diffuser & Reflector
- The flash also incorporates a built-in wide-angle diffuser and reflecting plate, which expand the angle of illumination and soften the harsh light landing on your subjects.