The Vivotek FE8172V Fisheye Fixed Dome Network Camera features a detailed 5 MP resolution sensor with superb image quality. Equipped with a fisheye lens for 180° panoramic view (wall mount) or 360° surround view (ceiling / floor / table mount) without blind spots, the camera is able to provide coverage of wide, open areas, such as airports, shopping malls, parking lots, retail stores, offices, and more.
The camera offers various display layouts, including original surround, panoramic, and regional view for various mounting applications. With cutting-edge image processing capabilities, hemispherical images captured from the fisheye camera can be converted into conventional rectilinear projection for viewing and analysis. In addition, in both the panoramic as well as regional viewing modes, users can utilize the ultra-smooth ePTZ function to easily zoom in and focus on a Region of Interest (ROI). The new pixel calculator function helps the user ensure the image quality of a desired area.
As with all Vivotek true day / night cameras, this camera features a removable IR-cut filter, maintaining clear images 24 hours a day. The camera’s IP66-rated housing is designed to help the camera body withstand rain and dust and ensure operation under a multitude of harsh weather conditions; additionally, the vandal-proof IK10-rated housing effectively provides robust protection from vandalism. Together with 802.3af compliant PoE, microSD / SDHC card slot for on-board storage, EN50155 (FE8172V only) and iPad applications, the camera is an excellent choice for constructing a robust surveillance system with the superb coverage possible.
The camera delivers day & night functionality with a built-in removable IR-cut filter. By day, the IR-cut filter screens out infrared light to reduce color distortion. At night, the filter is removed to accept infrared light for higher lighting efficiency.
- 5 MP CMOS Sensor
- 30 fps @ 1080 pixels full HD
- 1.05 mm fisheye lens for 180° panoramic view and 360° surround view
- Removable IR-cut filter for day & night function
- EN50155 compliance for Professional Mobile Surveillance
- Real-time H.264, MPEG-4, and MJPEG compression (triple codec)
- WDR enhancement for unparalleled visibility in extremely bright or dark environments
- Vandal-proof IK10-rated and weather-proof IP66-rated housing (FE8172V)
- ePTZ for data efficiency
- Built-in 802.3af compliant PoE
- Built-in microSD / SDHC card slot for on-board storage
- Pixel calculator for image clarity measurement
- Offers reliability in demanding environments
- 180° Panoramic View
- The camera provides an overview of the region from wall to wall.
- 360° Surround View
- When mounted on the ceiling, the camera can monitor all 4 corners of a room. Any moving object in the room will be captured at all times. The viewer would be able to keep a track of suspicious objects without missing critical information.
- The camera provides electronic pan / tilt / zoom functions, allowing users to move to a target region in the viewing window without a mechanical movement. In a panoramic view and a regional view, users can utilize the ultra-smooth ePTZ function to easily focus on a region of interest (ROI) using the mouse wheel. Compared to the conventional mechanical PTZ, the ePTZ feature offers zero-wait operation through client-side control. In addition, with a high-end de-warping algorithm (plug-in), the ePTZ on the camera responds swiftly and seamlessly to user's control.
- Flexible Display Mode
- The overview image captured by the camera can be tailored in various ways according to specific applications. It offers multiple types of display layouts in the web browser interface, including 1O, 1O3R, 1O8R, 1P, 2P, 1P2R, 1P3R, 1R, 4R, and 4R PRO.
- Pixel Calculator
- The pixel calculator helps the installer to easily ensure that the camera installation fulfills the pixel resolution required in an application. By using the tool to draw up to 3 windows on the video screen around the areas of interest, the installer can properly place and adjust the camera view to capture the detail required.
- Clear Images 24/7
- The camera delivers day & night functionality with a built-in removable IR-cut filter. By day, the IR-cut filter screens out infrared light to reduce color distortion. At night, the filter is removed to accept infrared light for higher lighting efficiency.
- Vandal-Proof IK10-Rated Housing
- Equipped with a protective housing, the FE8172V is protected from vandalism, making it suitable for high-risk environments. The metal base and polycarbonate cover enables the camera to withstand high impacts, thereby ensuring functional operation at all times.
- EN50155 Compliance
- With resistance to an extended working temperature range of -40°C to 50°C, the camera is compliant with the EN50155 standard for electronic equipments operating in railway vehicles. It also meets the EN50155's shock and vibration requirements to provide high reliability and rugged performance during movement.
- IP66-Rated Housing
- The weather-proof IP66-rated housing provides protection from dust and water, allowing the camera to operate under a multitude of weather conditions.