The N600 Dual-Band Wireless PCI-E Adapter from ASUS is an IEEE 802.11 a/b/g/n compatible wireless adapter that comes equipped with a PCI-E interface making installing the adapter simple. The two integrated R SMA Antennas allow for increased transfer speeds as well as increased range. With dual band capabilities you can utilize both 2.4GHz and 5GHz frequencies for a stronger connection and decreased interference.
- Flexible Dual-Band Connection
- The dual-band operating mode can satisfy both normal and power users: with 2.4GHz, web surfing or e-mail delivery will be brisk, and when HD streaming or blu-ray movies are needed, the 5GHz band provides blazingly fast lag-free home entertainment.
- Enhanced Security
- Supports 64/128-bit WEP, WPA2-PSK, WPA-PSK, WPS security.
- WPS (Wi-Fi Protected Setup)
- For quickly setting up a secure wireless connection, install the utility from the Support CD, then press the hardware WPS button on the PCE-N53 and click "next." Press the hardware WPS button on the router you would like to connect to. After the utility finishes the setup procedure, the wireless connection is done.
- Software AP Mode
- Software AP mode allows the WLAN card to act as a virtual access point. The computer needs to be connected to a wired network using an Ethernet connection in order to provide network access to the WLAN client.