The Diskstation DS2413+ 12-Bay NAS Server by Synology is a welcome storage solution for medium-sized offices looking to store their data safely and securely, or for individuals with large storage needs who are looking for a comprehensive storage package. It offers 12 bays that can accept 2.5" or 3.5" SATA II hard drives (up to 4TB each) for a maximum capacity of 48TB of storage (hard drives not included). You can also link the DS2413+ with the DX1211 and seamlessly scale your maximum storage by up to 24 drives or 96TB.
To simplify data management, the DS2413+ features a 2.13GHz dual core processor, 2GB of DDR3 RAM (upgradeable to 4GB), and a floating point processor for faster and more efficient computational power. It also features 2 Gigabit LAN connectors with failover support to deliver access to data even in the case of mechanical failure. If one LAN line fails to work, the other picks up the slack. There's even a built-in passive cooling system. If the main fans fail, and data is compromised, secondary fans will cool down the processor until a replacement is found.
The DS2413+ can also be set up in a variety of server scenarios. With the free add-on packages available through the DSM applications store, Synology provides apps on demand, Cloud storage setups, multimedia solutions and even RAID optimization. You can find DNLA and UPnP support for PS3 and Xbox, audio and video format support, bit torrent protocols, and more.
For the more business-minded, you can set up mail servers, FTP servers with full security protocols, and VPN servers for business-to-client and employee-to-office support. Setting up user accounts and privacy restrictions is not problem for the DS2413+. The NAS server supports almost every networking protocol, and includes support for all types of RAID configurations, including RAID migration for offices transferring their systems from one NAS server to another.
- High Performance Data Throughput
- With the Link Aggregation enabled, Synology DS2413+ delivers an average 201.03 MB/sec reading speed under RAID 5 configuration in a Windows environment, and 196.87 MB/sec writing.
- High Reliability for Critical Business Applications
- The 2 LAN with failover support and hot-swappable drives will ensure continual service uptime should the drives need replacement or the unexpected LAN failure. The DS2413+ incorporates a passive cooling structure to avoid the dependency of a dedicated processor cooling fan, and mitigate any critical point of failure. When the system detects fan failure, the built-in redundancy mechanism will spin up the functional fans to provide continuous cooling and prevent downtime while waiting for a replacement fan. Therefore, potential system damages are minimized and system availability is maximized.
- Robust & Affordable Scalability Up to 96TB
- When the storage capacity of the Synology DS2413+ is nearing its limits, it can easily be expanded by the Synology DX1211. The DX1211 connects to the DS2413+ with a specially designed connection cable which carries SATA signals to ensure maximum throughput. The Synology DX1211 can directly expand the existing storage on the Synology DS2413+ to a maximum 96TB capacity.
- iSCSI and Virtualization Ready
- With the iSCSI support in DSM, the Synology DS2413+ provides a storage solution for virtualization servers, such as VMware, Hyper-V, and Citrix. It is the alternative to SAN solution for businesses. iSCSI allows SMB users to consolidate storage into data center storage arrays while providing hosts with the appearance of locally attached disks.
- Fit to Business Environment
- Windows ADS and LDAP integration allows the Synology DS2413+ to quickly and easily fit in an existing business network environment with no need to recreate users' accounts on the Synology DS2413+. The User Home feature minimizes the administrator's effort in creating a private shared folder for a large amount of users. Windows ACL support on DS2413+ provides much finer access control and efficient privilege settings, allowing IT staff to set up privileges to files and folders on the DS2413+ through their familiar Windows user interface. The privileges set on Windows ACL will be applied to all access entries, including AFP, FTP, File Station, NFS and WebDAV.
- Full-featured Business Applications
- Synology DiskStation DS2413+ runs on the Synology DiskStation Manager (DSM). Offering a comprehensive list of business applications, the DS2413+ can be customized to run multiple applications of your choice. The DS2413+ replaces several pieces of traditional network hardware with rich features designed specifically for workgroups and offices such as antivirus, video surveillance, webmail, VPN, and LDAP directory services. Applications are managed in the Package Center, an application portal that hosts applications as ready-to-use packages. Additional approved 3rd party PHP web applications such as content management, customer relationship management & e-Commerce system can be hosted on DS2413+ by using Web Station with support for PHP/MySQL web content.
- Energy Efficient Design
- Synology DS2413+ is designed and developed with energy efficiency in mind. Compared with the average storage server counterparts, DS2413+ consumes a relatively low amount of power. The support of Wake on LAN/WAN and scheduled power on and off can further reduce power consumption and operation cost. HDD hibernation can be configured to take effect automatically when the system has been inactive for a specified period of time. This not only saves energy but also extends the lifespan of the hard disks. All Synology products are produced with RoHS compliant parts and packed with recyclable packing materials. Synology acknowledges the responsibility as a global citizen to continually work to reduce the environmental impact of every product produced.