Big Fish Audio's DVD: World Impact: Global Percussion features a massive collection of varied percussion samples. This kit spans the globe featuring percussion instruments from large to small, West to East, North to South, and traditional to rare. Sampled in meticulous detail and programmed for maximum and instant musical usability, the collection includes hundreds of varied percussion instruments from Africa, the Middle East, Asia, Australia, and more. A massive 4.2 GB collection of Japanese Taiko drums recorded from multiple microphone positions forms a central part of the library. Each instrument has been recorded with numerous alternate takes and velocity layers, assuring realistic and dramatically expressive sonic results. World Impact is an essential tool in the toolbox of every film composer, movie trailer producer, and aficionado of world percussion instruments.
Beyond the instrument collection, the kit is augmented by a powerful pattern engine, the same engine that lies beneath Vir2's Elite Orchestral Percussion, allowing instant access to varied articulations such as chokes, rolls, flams, and ruffs, as well as patterned loop programming for both traditional and synthetic creations.
- More than 300 patches of world percussion instruments categorized by geographical region and instrument type
- 13 GB of 24-bit samples, including a 4.2 GB collection of Japanese Taiko drums recorded from multiple microphone positions
- EZRoom control in all patches, allowing the ability to instantly place the percussion in any one of over 50 different sonic spaces
- Integrated Humanize engine, offering quick control over pitch, tuning, and volume randomizations
- Custom articulation and pattern engine built-in, allowing instant triggers of chokes, flams, 3-stroke rolls, full rolls, and rhythmic patterns, all of which are automatically synced to host tempo
- Onscreen EQ controls allowing independent control of three bands (frequency, gain, and bandwidth)
- Velocity curve settings that allow easy adjustment for normal, louder, and softer playing
- Multitimbral operation, supporting up to 64 simultaneous instruments loaded (subject to RAM availability), receiving up to 64 MIDI channels (16 in plug-in mode)
- Kontakt Player 3 engine, supporting standalone operation as well as plug-in operation in all major hosts that support AudioUnit, VST, RTAS (Pro Tools 7 & 8) plug-ins