This item is controlled on the U.S. Commerce Control List set forth in the Export Administration Regulations or the U.S. Munitions List set forth in the International Traffic in Arms Regulations, and may require a license or other authorization from the U.S. Government to be exported from the United States. Without limitation, parties purchasing from B&H are solely responsible for determining applicable export licensing requirements and for obtaining any licenses or other authorizations from the appropriate agencies of the U.S. Government that are necessary for exporting the item, such as the U.S. Department of Commerce or the U.S. Department of State.
This gray Turtle Underwater Video Housing from Amphibico is a durable underwater case enabling you to shoot beneath the water's surface with your Sony HDR-XR350, CX300, or CX350 camcorder. It has a depth rating of 330' and features an electronic moisture alarm to alert you if its watertight O-ring seal has been compromised. The housing is constructed from marine-grade, anodized aluminum with stainless steel hardware.
Your camcorder's lens is accommodated by a fixed flat glass lens port. Access to all key camcorder functions, including record/standby, photo capture, variable-speed zoom, manual focus, auto focus, mode, and white balance, is made possible by electronic controls on the ergonomically designed right-handed grip. A left-handed grip is available separately.
The Turtle accepts optional internal color correction filters to help restore hues that are otherwise absorbed by the water. The large 3.5" digital LCD viewfinder is a color display located at the rear of the housing with an angle of 10° for clearer, easier viewing of HD video and still images at arm's length.
- Depth Rating
- Can be used at a maximum depth of 330'
- Access to all key camcorder functions, including record/standby, photo capture, variable-speed zoom, manual focus, auto focus (including AF lock), mode, and white balance, is made possible by electronic controls on the ergonomically designed right-handed grip. A left-handed grip is available separately. A green LED light flashes when recording is in progress
- Made from durable, marine-grade aluminum, which has been anodized with a hard coat of polyurethane paint. Features marine-grade brass and stainless steel hardware
- Negative in salt water
- Lens Port
- Fixed flat glass lens port
- Lighting Connection
- A shoe-mount bracket on each side of housing accepts optional #17556 TLC 1" ball joint for lighting arm attachment
- Moisture Detector
- Electronic moisture alarm with flashing red LED alerts you if watertight O-ring seal has been compromised
- Optional Color Correction Filter
- The Internal Flip Filter helps restore colors that are otherwise absorbed underwater
- Optional Hydrophone
- Available for recording sound underwater to accompany your video
- LCD Viewfinder
- Large 3.5" digital LCD viewfinder is a rear color monitor tilted at a 10° angle for clearer, easier viewing at arm's length
- Environmental Impact
- In purchasing this housing, you will be making a positive impact on the marine ecosystem: A $50.00 donation will be sent to SOLO (Save Our Leatherback Operation) to help Dr. Larry McKenna, founder of this non-profit organization, and his team in their efforts to protect the Leatherback turtle against endangerment and extinction