The PaintShop Pro X5 Photo Editing Software from Corel is a program for Windows operating systems offering professional-grade tools and effects for organizing and enhancing digital photos. Its intuitive user interface allows you to manage, adjust, or edit your photos and move between these three modes easily. In addition, PaintShop Pro X5 supports dual monitors, so you can manage photos on one screen and edit them on the other.
In terms of pro-grade effects, this version of PaintShop Pro offers plenty, including many new and enhanced features. You can now map your pictures to real-world locations with Places, and use face recognition to identify and tag people in your images. Search photos by people and link individuals to your social networking contacts on Facebook and Flickr. With Share My Trip, you can show off pictures you captured while traveling via an interactive slideshow using Google Maps. You have the ability to view photos by location, follow the route or zoom in to explore the map and Google StreetView. The High Dynamic Range Module allows you to merge photos with different exposures. HDR capability has been enhanced with added controls for black-and-white HDR, alignment preview, and batch merge preset options. There's a new Graduated Filter effect, as well as the Retro Lab, which lets you create and apply your own vintage looks influenced by early Lomo cameras. Plus, the Instant Effects palette provides more than 100 creative presets. And there are many more new and enhanced features, as well.
PaintShop Pro X5 is compatible with 32- and 64-bit versions of Windows 8, 7, Vista, and XP with the latest service packs installed.
What's New in PaintShop Pro X5
New in Social Media
- Benefit from the ability to map your pictures to real-world locations. You can easily add, view and manage your photo collection.
- Face recognition technology enables you to identify and tag people in your pictures. Then, search photos by people and link individuals to your Facebook and Flickr contacts.
- Share My Trip
- Show off your travel photos via an interactive slideshow of your trip with Google Maps. You can view your pictures by location, follow the route or zoom in to explore the map and Google StreetView. You have the option to share as a slideshow online or upload to Dropbox and post to Facebook.
- Enhanced Sharing Options
- With additional social media integration, you can now upload images simultaneously to Facebook, Flickr, and Google+ accounts.
New in Photo Editing
- Enhanced HDR
- Corel has provided additional controls for black-and-white HDR, alignment preview, and batch merge preset options.
- Single RAW Photo
- Divide a RAW photo into three exposures and selectively recombine them for HDR-like effects.
- Graduated Filter Effect
- Simulate the effect of an actual graduated filter on your camera lens with interactive, semi-transparent color gradients. With enhanced gradient tools, you can make fast, simple adjustments, and the wide range of easy-to-use gradient controls enables more creativity and experimentation.
- Retro Lab
- Create and apply your own vintage looks with old-school color and contrast influenced by early Lomo cameras. Various control settings let you create and tweak presets to be used in other creative projects.
- Instant Effects Palette
- Now, more than 100 creative presets are instantly available. You can access effects in categories such as Artistic, Portrait, Black & White, Film Styles, Landscape, or any custom presets you've created. Thumbnails simplify the task of selecting the effect you want. Additionally, you can apply multiple effects to one image to instantly create a distinctive photographic look.
- RAW/JPG Pair
- For quick editing, you can easily filter RAW & JPG files as a group.
- Enhanced Crop Tool
- More flexibility and ease in cropping your images enables you to get the image focus and dimensions you want. Define your own crop area and save it as a preset.
- Enhanced 16-bit Support
- Now, benefit from support for 57 more adjustments and effects, for a total of 167.
New in Graphic Design
- Enhanced Text Tool
- Now, benefit from more intuitive text selection and editing, as well as better interaction between the Text and Pick tools.
- Enhanced Multi-Script Support
- Thanks to the new Run Multiple Scripts option, you're able to choose multiple scripts and run them in sequence as part of a single batch processing job. Automate tasks like resizing, adding effects and adjustments in order to streamline your workflow, get consistent results and experiment with new tools. Dozens of easy-to-use, pre-made scripts are selectable, or you can create your own and connect with other PaintShop Pro users to share and trade scripts.
- Enhanced Paint Brush
- Take advantage of added support for Adobe Photoshop brushes (.abr format), or choose from various built-in brushes.
- Enhanced Photo Blend
- Easily add moving objects and preview alignment via Auto Brush enhancement.
- Enhanced Layer Styles
- Take advantage of precision controls and easy access from the Layers palette. Drop Shadow, Glow and Reflections are a few of the styles you can now access directly from the palette. New input boxes allow for added precision and control over all of your design projects.
- Enhanced Art Media Tools
- Create artistic effects that transcend the capabilities of photo editing. Paint directly over the top of your pictures or utilize tools like the enhanced water color brush, which lets you create a realistic hand-painted effect.
New in Organization and Management
- Enhanced Management Tools
- Locate photos by people and places, and catalog, search, rate and tag photos to quickly and easily find your favorites.
New in Learning and Help
- Corel Guide
- This new feature offers built-in video and print tutorials, free downloadable content and bonus extras.
More Pro-level Tools
- High Dynamic Range Tools
The HDR (high dynamic range) tools help you take full advantage of photos taken with auto-bracketing features on DSLR cameras.
· Exposure Merge lets you customize the ways in which photos with different exposures are combined. Create striking images with ideal exposures from high-contrast backlit scenes, such as sunsets and interior window shots. Make use of built-in presets to adjust images or save your own presets to achieve a custom, uniform look across a series of HDR photos.
· Batch Merge enables you to merge multiple bracketed sets of photos. If you employ your auto-bracket feature often, this is an invaluable tool for processing HDR sets quickly. Sometimes, you'll be pleased with the auto-generated results. In other cases, you'll discover a great result that you want to customize in Exposure Merge.
- Photo Blend
- Combine photos of the same scene to remove, swap, or add details in the final image. You can remove cars and people from a street scene, swap in the best smiles from a series of group photos, and include multiple versions of the same person in a single picture.
- Selective Focus Effect
- Create a fast miniature effect, also known as a Tilt-Shift effect, transforming a real scene into a toy-like miniature model. Selective Focus can also be used to draw attention to important parts of your photos, such as by blurring out busy details surrounding your subjects.
- Vignette Effect
- A classic effect allowing you to make the most important part of your photos really stand out by applying a soft, faded border around the outer edge.
- Fill Light and Clarity Filter
- Fill Light brightens shadow areas of photos without affecting other areas, while Clarity enhances subtle yet important details, adding texture and depth.
- Smart Carver
- Lets you seamlessly remove objects from a picture, and expand or contract objects without distorting them.
- Vibrancy Effect
- Improve color richness in areas with low saturation.
- Object Extractor
- Quickly and precisely isolate and remove objects from a photo.
- Auto-Preserve Originals
- Automatically store a copy of your original picture.
- Visible Watermark
- Trademark and brand your photos and your photography.
- Built-in Sharing to Facebook and Flickr
- Share to Facebook or Flickr with just a button click. The sharing options are in the Organizer palette, making them available from any workspace.
- Camera RAW Lab
- Featuring a large preview area and advanced histogram feedback, the Lab makes it easy to assess your adjustments. Highlight recovery options often give you the ability to reconstruct detail in overexposed areas.
- Tabbed Workspaces
- Move easily between photo workflows. Click the tabs at the top of the application window to switch workspaces. The Manage workspace lets you review and organize your photos, as well as access multi-photo processing options. The Adjust workspace places frequently-used editing tools right at your fingertips. The Edit workspace offers a complete range of professional-level editing tools. No matter which workspace you're in, the Organizer palette is always there--there's no need to go to a separate workspace or application to locate more photos.
- Overall Performance
- GPU optimizations allow you to work faster. Effects like Noise Reduction, Vibrancy and Tone Mapping can be applied in real time.
- Full-Screen Review
- Quick Review enables you to review your images in a full-screen preview window. Quickly review, delete, rotate, and rate your photos.
- Additional Features
· Ability to clean up organizer database
· Ability to use numeric entry on curve points
· Ability to set file association to application
· Add full noise removal and high pass sharpen
· Add background fusion to Smart Carver
· Add Facebook and Flicker sharing to organizer palette
· Add HDR and Photo Blend launch options to organizer palette
· Add highlight recovery in RAW Lab
· Add new organizer in Adjust workspace
· Add organizer file access and navigation palettes into Full Editor
· Add Presets in HDR
· Add revert editing in Capture / Apply
· Add special characters input to text tool ®, , and ™. Use standard "( c )" convention
· Add white balance adjustment to HDR
· Additional EXIF/IPTC fields
· Adjustment layers types for Local Tone Mapping, Histogram, Vibrancy, Fill Light & Clarity
· Auto grouping for HDR brackets
· Backup and restore organizer database
· Better RAW preview performance
· Clean up color profile matching
· Dropper tool for color balance
· Dual Monitor Support
· Enhance Layers palette design
· Enhance Layers palette masks to work in 16-bit image mode
· Enhance program stability and memory utilization
· Enhanced EXIF / IPTC data display in manage workspace
· Error reporting dialog for program crashes to submit crash dump
· HDR partial rendering for better performance
· Improve memory consumption in Smart Carver
· Latest cameras supported in RAW Lab
· Memory swapping to hard disk for large files
· Move Learning Center palette to right side of screen
· MUI language switching
· New Adjust workspace
· Performance improvements in RAW Lab
· Program can coexist with PSPP X3 and PSPP X2
· Refine menu design in Manage, Adjust, and Edit workspaces
· Remove Instant Viewer
· Remove photo downloader
· Re-skin application and new icons
· Search field in organizer header
· Single language install selection
· Speed up local tone mapping
· Speed up Noise Removal
· Speed up Vibrancy
· Store ratings & tags for non-jpeg files in the database
· Support for MPO file format
· Support for UFO file format
· Support standard options in the Windows 7 taskbar
· Unicode support for better language and file system support
· Update application framework
· Update Depth of Field feathering to be outside the selection
· Update digital signature tools
· Update media cataloging performance and thumbnail generation
· Updated Histogram in RAW Lab
· Updated plug-in interface
· Updated RAW Lab Layout - bigger preview window
· Microsoft Windows 7 and Vista Direct2D support in Manage Preview and Photo-Viewer functions
· Color Changer Tool
· Time Machine Filter and Photo Looks
· Object Removal Tool
· Digital Camera Noise Removal and Chromatic Aberration Removal Filters
· History Palette and Selective Undo
· Straighten, Perspective and Lens Distortion Correction Filters
- 16-Bit Support
· Scratch Remover
· Background eraser
· Blur: Average
· Motion Blur
· Radial Blur
· Paint clone
· Paint eraser
· Paint Brush
· Picture Tube Tool
· Skin Smoothing
· Soft Focus
· Makeover: Suntan
· Tool Bar:
· Object Remover
· Air brush
· Saturation up/down
· Hue up/down
· Change to target
· Color replace
· Warp Brush
· Mesh Warp
- Sophisticated Cloning Tools
- You can easily remove people and objects from old images and fill in the space with content from another area of your image.
- Scratch Remover Tool
- Repair scratches and cracks on your old photos and make tattered, faded pictures look like new again.
- Fade Correction
- Restore the color and contrast of faded photos in a single easy step.
- Save time by creating scripts to automate common photo-editing actions.
- Custom Screen Capture
- Easily capture images directly from your screen for use in presentations, training guides and other material.
- Makeover Tools
- To make your subjects look their best, remove blemishes, smooth wrinkles, whiten bloodshot eyes, paint on tans and even make people appear leaner. Twirl, expand or contract areas of an image with Advanced Warp Tools, to create interesting effects or extreme model makeovers.
- Vector Editing Tools
- Draw and edit vector objects, and combine artistic elements with photos to produce unique designs.
- Art Media Brushes
- Take advantage of many creative possibilities with extensive brush options.
- Web Graphic Tools
- Save and optimize images for the web complete with image mapping, slicing, and rollovers. Image mapping lets you link HTML with your graphics, while Slicing and Rollovers help you create designs that work seamlessly with web pages.
Intuitive User Interface
- Separate Manage, Adjust and Edit workspaces make it easy to find the tools you need when you need them. Plus, the Organizer is available from every workspace.
- Dual Monitor Support
- Manage your photos on one screen while editing on the other.
- Learning Center
- Get helpful information about PaintShop Pro tasks, command and tools. The home page of the Learning Center follows a task-based workflow, so you can get the information you need at any stage of the photo-editing process.