The ikan D5-E6 5.6" 3G-SDI LCD Monitor with Hi-Def Panel has an abundance of features, and is ideal for use as an on-camera field monitor. It features 1280 x 800 HD video resolution for the attention to detail a video professional needs. The monitor’s small & lightweight design is perfect for handheld rigs. The D5 monitor’s HDMI input is complimented by a 3G-SDI input / output along with a headphone audio-out feature. The customized function buttons at the back of the D5 monitor can be tailored for your workflow. Furthermore, the frame of the monitor has a rubberized texture for better grip and handling, making it easy to maneuver.
- The 5.6" (14.2 cm) screen has an HD resolution of 1280 x 800, and outputs crisp, clear shots on the field, which means less time in the editing room.
Inputs / Outputs
- This monitor features 3G-SDI (input / output) that allows you to secure and input or output a 3 Gigabyte video / audio signal up to 300' (91.44 m). This feature is advantageous when working in the field. Apart from 3G-SDI, the D5 monitor also has the HDMI input available.
- The monitor is equipped with both Monochrome and Color Peaking features, which highlight the desired focus area in a bright, RED outline. The operator adjusts the focus control until the RED indicator outlines on the desired area are razor sharp, indicating optimal focus. For best results, be sure the subject is properly exposed.
- The False Color feature utilizes the full spectrum of assigned color indicators, ensuring flawless shot exposure. The under / over luminance warning enables a video professional to get the desired quality every time. By adjusting the camera's iris, the subject of the image changes color based on specific brightness values indicating optimal exposure.
- The DSLR Scaling function enables users to extend their DSLR camera's HDMI video output to any option of the four: Normal, 3:2, 16:9, or Full Screen.
- The D5 monitor's 1:1 pixel-to-pixel mapping allows the video professional to emphasize on individual chosen elements in the shot. This feature is essential for capturing optimum detail.
- The D5 monitor offers adjustable upper Clip Guide levels to accurately display overexposed images in any shooting condition. The operator simply assigns the upper IRE as per preference and any exposure over the set IRE limit flashes in a vivid purple, indicating only the over exposed area.
Small & Lightweight Design
- The D5 monitor weighs just 0.6 lb (0.27 kg). This makes it an ideal field monitor for the video professional. It does not weigh down the handheld camera rigs unlike other larger monitors. Also, its compact size makes it effortless to pack and carry.