The ikan D5 Field Monitor Deluxe Kit (Canon 900 Type) includes the D5 monitor, a Canon 900 Type battery, battery plate, and charger. It also includes a sun visor, heavy-duty shoe mount, and soft carry case.
The D5 features a 5.6" LCD screen with a 1280 x 800 resolution, 400:1 contrast ratio, 300 nit brightness, and 160° viewing angle. It has 3G-SDI and HDMI inputs and 3G-SDI output as well as headphone output for monitoring sound as you record with your camera. An input selection button on the side allows you to choose between HDMI and SDI inputs. Menu options are selectable via a menu scroll wheel on top. Three function keys on top are programmable with the functions you use most. The monitor is only about a half-inch thick and has a rubberized texture offering better grip. 1/4"-20 mounting threads are available on all four sides. The 3G-SDI connections support signals from up to 300 ft away.
Focus, exposure, and other software features include Peaking, False Color, DSLR Scaling, Movable Pixel-to-Pixel, and Clip Guides.
- The Peaking feature offers both Monochrome and Color Peaking. These highlight the desired focus area and let you adjust the focus control until the highlight outlines are razor sharp, indicating optimal focus.
- False Color
- The False Color feature applies a full spectrum of assigned color indicators to ensuring correct shot exposure. When you adjust the camera's Iris, the subject of your image will change color based on specific brightness values, indicating optimal exposure. Under-luminance and over-luminance warnings help get the best quality efficiently.
- DSLR Scaling
- This function allows you to output a DSLR camera's image in Normal, 3:2, 16:9, or Full Screen aspect ratios.
- Movable Pixel-to-Pixel
- The D5 features 1:1 pixel-to-pixel mapping that lets you magnify a particular area of the screen, useful for analyzing that area for optimum detail.
- Clip Guides
- The D5 offers adjustable upper Clip Guide levels to accurately display overexposed images. You simply have to assign the upper IRE, and any exposure over this assigned limit will flash in a vivid purple.