The tan Bataflae 26L Backpack from Gura Gear is a large pack for carrying a studio load of photo gear. Its capacity is extreme. It can accommodate your pro DSLR with or without grip, a 400mm f/2.8 attached and a 500mm f/4 with hood reversed as well as many other lenses in its fully adjustable interior using the touch fastened dividers. The 26L can also hold a medium format camera system or video camera bodies.
The unique facet of this pack is Gura's butterfly access system. These flaps come in handy when you don't want or can't open the entire pack-especially in crowded venues. They fold open in the middle exposing the interior without opening the entire bag. However, if you prefer to open the pack completely, pinch the buttons and the butterfly flaps release for a traditional opening.
Storage space is not a problem for the 26L. Expandable exterior mesh accessory pockets are matched by multiple interior mesh pockets. The front also has two full length pockets for even more accessories and even larger items such as your jacket. One of these pockets can be used for ID, tickets and passport. The pack makes use of traditional M.O.L.L.E. (Modular Lightweight Load-carrying Equipment) side attachment points that contain side hooks for attaching extra pouches or gear. Your tripod can be attached at various points on the pack to suit your preference. A water bottle pocket will help keep you hydrated while traveling. For ultimate security, the main compartment is lockable using a user-supplied lock.
The harness system is stowaway in design and contains a removable waist belt. A top grab handle is for quick access moments. The handles are all riveted for strength. The zippers are color coded for enhanced organizational purposes and can be readily used while wearing gloves. The shoulder straps contain extra strong buckles. The pack is made from a combination of nylon, polyurethane and mesh. The zippers are all YKK.
For inclement weather, a rain cover is included that doubles as a ground cloth while pursuing location work. When the pack is not being used, place it inside the included dust bag that will keep it clean and fresh. The pack comes with Gura Gear's ultimate warranty for the workmanship that goes into this pack.
- M.O.L.L.E. (Modular Lightweight Load-carrying Equipment) compatible attachment points with quick-hook side straps
- Seam-sealed rain fly/ground cloth
- Butterfly multi-access system
- Multi-point tripod/monopod configurations
- Lockable main compartment
- Full-length front pockets for accessories, jacket, travel documents
- Water bottle pocket
- Expandable exterior mesh pocket
- Multiple interior mesh pockets
- Interior zipper pockets
- Fully adjustable divider system
- Key fob
- Custom-fit dust bag for storage
- Carry Options
- Stowaway harness with removable waist belt
- Shoulder strap buckles
- YKK RC-FUSE zippers with water-resistant coating
- Color-coded zipper pulls
- Touch fastened strap keepers
- Fully riveted handles
- Carry-On Form Factor
- FAA and airline carry-on specifications are subject to change without notice, please check with your airline before designating this case as a carry-on item. Most airlines require carry-on items to have an external linear measurement that is equal to or less than 45.0" (114.3 cm). The external dimensions of this case add up to 41.0" (104.1 cm)