The ikan VH8-SU HDMI Monitor with HD Panel (8” / 20.32 cm) is equipped with a wide screen that displays a 1600 X 768 HD resolution LCD panel. It has an HUD (Heads Up Display) vertically on the right side of the screen that reads incoming signals as well as false color and peaking. It includes an AC Adapter, SM103 Shoe Mount, and BP5-SU DV Battery Adapter.
The monitor has HDMI In / Out and a composite output for a video professional’s preference. It allows the end-user to connect a secondary field monitor or connect an external recording device for higher quality video recording. There are 4 touch-sensitive function buttons on the rear that you can preset with the functions of your choice. The versatile thin frame design makes this monitor ideal for on-camera fieldwork and mounting on a stand for studio use.
The ikan introduces its highly thin and light field monitor that weighs at just over half a pound and just under an inch thick. The monitor’s lightweight design makes it the ideal field monitor for a video professional. Its compact size makes it effortless to pack and carry.
- VH8-SU HDMI Monitor with HD Panel
- Wide 1600 x 768 LCD panel
- False color, clips guide on-screen color chart
- Pixel data analysis (IRE the color charts)
- HUD for real time information
- False Color: Utilizes a full spectrum of assigned color indicators, ensuring flawless shot exposure
- The under / over luminance warning enables a video professional to get the quality he / she desires every time. By adjusting the camera’s iris, the subject of the image changes color based on specific brightness values indicating optimal exposure.
- Clip Guide: Offers adjustable upper Clip Guide levels to accurately display overexposed images in any shooting condition. The operator simply assigns the upper IRE to their preference and any exposure over the set IRE limit flashes in a vivid purple, indicating only the overexposed area
- Peaking: It is equipped with both monochrome and color peaking features, which highlight the desired focus area in a bright, RED outline. The operator adjusts the focus control until the RED indicator outlines on the desired area are razor sharp, indicating optimal focus.
- DSLR Scaling (only HDMI): Enables users to extend their DSLR camera’s HDMI video output to any of the 4 options: Normal, 3:2, 16:9, or Full Screen
- Movable Pixel to Pixel: 1:1 pixel-to-pixel mapping allows a video professional to emphasize on individual chosen elements in the shot. This feature is essential for capturing optimum detail.
- Guides (4:3 & 16:9 framing safe area)
- Check field (blue, red, green, monochrome)
- Manual backlight adjustment
- H / V-line field delay
- Aspect ratio (16:9 / 4:3)
- Custom aspect ratio
- Adjustable RGB
- 4 customizable capacitive sensing function buttons
- Video Inputs: HDMI, composite
- The BP5-SU DV Battery Adapter
- 12 V power
- BP5-SU is compatible with any Sony-style BP-U series batteries
- Compatible with ikan Monitors: VK7, VL5, D5, D7, and VH8