The mLink Thunderbolt to PCIe Expansion Chassis from mLogic comes equipped with two Thunderbolt ports making it possible to utilize a PCIe device with a Thunderbolt machine such as a MacBook Air. The Thunderbolt connectivity makes it possible to transfer virtually any file quickly and efficiently with data transfer speeds of up to 10Gbps. Incorporate this expansion chassis into nearly any desktop configuration as the reduced size form factor takes up less space. Once installed, the integrated variable speed smart-blower keeps everything cool.
- PCIe Compatibility for Thunderbolt Enabled Macs
With the new mLink from mLogic you can now do things with your Thunderbolt enabled iMac, Mac mini, Macbook Pro or MacBook Air that used to be the exclusive realm of the Mac Pro. mLink and Thunderbolt technology bring the functionality of professional add-in PCIe adapters to these systems.
•Capture uncompressed HD to your MacBook Air
•Attach your iMac to a 8 Gbit fiber channel network
•Edit video with a high-speed SAS RAID on your MacBook Pro
- Swap & Go
- This mLink Expansion Chassis is made to install and swap PCIe adapters into and out of mLink.
- Thunderbolt I/O - Ultrafast Performance
- Thunderbolt technology enables mLink to transfer data at up to 10Gbps. That's 20x faster than USB 2.0 and 12x faster than FireWire 800. When loaded with a PCIe RAID adapter mated to eight SATA II drives, mLink cranks out over 700 MB/second of throughput for the most demanding applications.
- Big Possibilities - Small Form Factor
- Two 10 Gbps Thunderbolt ports enable mLink to support a daisy-chain of up to six Thunderbolt devices including additional mLinks, storage devices, mDP monitors, and Apple Thunderbolt displays. mDP monitors can be directly attached to the chain as well as DisplayPort, DVI, HDMI, and VGA monitors when used with mDP adapters.
- Innovative Design - Solid Engineering
- mLink features a PCIe x16 slot and accommodates 1/2 length, 1/2 or full-height PCIe adapters. A temperature controlled, variable speed smart-blower keeps the installed PCIe card optimally cool without excessive noise. And, the system powers on and off with the Mac to save power.