The Traktor Kontrol Z2 from Native Instruments is a Control Mixer that features 2 stereo inputs channels and 2 stereo output channels, but its plentiful connectivity offers far beyond that. Kontrol Z2's mixing layout is ergonomic and spacious with a level fader, 3-band EQ section and chunky filter knob per channel. Additionally, the mixer includes the full Traktor Scratch Pro 2 digital vinyl system with Remix Deck technology.
Inside the Traktor Kontrol Z2, a 24-bit soundcard featuring Cirrus Logic converters and XLR outputs provides low-noise audio. The aircraft-grade aluminum chassis features extensive control with knobs, buttons, push encoders and Innofaders. The Z2's backlit buttons provide precise visual feedback while the built-in, powered USB hub adds connectivity for two add-on controllers such as the Kontrol F1 or X1.
Additional Traktor rotary encoders for Macro FX and Remix Decks are placed in the Kontrol section alongside Flux Mode buttons for easy access, and multi-colored cue point trigger buttons allow you to jump through and re-edit your tracks on the fly.
Three Section Operation
- Mixer Section
- Familiar layout and feel based on industry-standard designs.
- Effects Section
- One-knob Macro FX for buildups, breakdowns, and enabling your creativity.
- Kontrol Section
- Traktor-specific cue point, Remix Deck and loop controls.
- Timecode Vinyl and CDs
- Spin digital tracks as if they were pressed on vinyl with the included Traktor Scratch timecode vinyl and CDs.
- Macro FX
- Macro FX combine multiple Traktor effects on a single knob; build up, breakdown and destroy tracks with a single, intuitive action. Over 30 effects from classic DJ effects to advanced beat manglers.
- Flux Mode
- Flux Mode tracks the time while you're looping and lets you drop back in at the right moment. Intuitive loop and cue functions allow auto-loops at the press of a button. The immensely powerful Remix Decks make live remixing easy.