The Canon 6812B002 VB-H41 Full HD PTZ IP Security Camera comes with a 2.1 MP CMOS sensor that captures detailed images. The camera includes a 60.4° wide-angle 20x zoom lens (with 12x digital zoom) designed to maximize its low-light performance. The lens allows the camera to record color videos in up to 0.4 lux and black/white videos in up to 0.02 lux, making it suitable to use for low-light conditions.
Moreover, this Full HD Security Camera features the DIGIC DV III image processor, the DIGIC NET II network video processor, and an improved auto focus algorithm to improve focusing accuracy even in the most challenging low-light, low-contrast environments. Together with a built-in thermal sensor, the camera’s auto focus algorithm also corrects for temperature changes in the installation environment.
The Electronic Image Stabilization feature minimizes blur caused by vibration in the installation base, and the camera supports PTZ and preset control via a USB joystick. In addition, the recorded videos can be streamed with low bandwidth utilization and disk space usage thanks to the H.264 codec.
The VB-H41 camera is loaded with on-board video analytics and functions, including Moving Object Detection, Removed Object Detection, Abandoned Object Detection, Camera Tampering Detection, Volume Level Detection, and Passing (or “tripwire”) Detection, which allow it to be tailored to fit your monitoring needs. Moreover, SSL support and a built-in SD memory card slot add to the reliability and security of your monitored video. This IP Camera also conforms to the ONVIF Profile S standard ensuring compatibility with other ONVIF-compliant 3rd party products.
The VB-H41 camera is engineered with a new structural design for increased durability with improved bearings and a flexible-cable assembly.
Note! Minimum illumination values based on F1.6, 1/30 second with Smart Shade Control off.
- Genuine Canon 60.4° Lens with 20x Optical Zoom and Auto Focus
- The VB-H41 camera is able to deliver good visual quality and image consistency thanks to its 20x optical zoom lens, which allows you to get a good view of surveillance area. This high-speed lens with highly accurate zoom and focus from the 60.4° wide-angle to the 3.2° telephoto delivers clear, sharp images throughout the zoom range.
- ONVIF version 2.2 / Profile S Conformant
- Third party integration is simple with the VB-H41 camera thanks to its ONVIF version 2.2 and Profile S conformance. Since many system installations are customized with products from different manufacturers, this allows the camera to be seamlessly included in such systems and permits the use of 3rd party recording software systems. The ONVIF Profile S conformance allows easy identification of supported features without the need to know the compatibility of the different versions of ONVIF and includes specific features such as audio streaming and relay outputs.
- 2.1 MP CMOS Sensor
- The 2.1 MP CMOS sensor helps ensure good image quality. Its approximately 2.1 million pixels deliver sharp, high-resolution video with good detail for clearer, more useful video monitoring.
- Low-light Performance
- The VB-H41 camera's image capture technology allows it to capture color videos even under an illumination of 0.01 lux and black & white videos down to 0.001 lux. In even the most challenging low light conditions, indoors or outside at night, the camera delivers clear videos. The Auto Gain Control Limit allows adjustment of digital gain to the maximum level when using auto exposure in low-light environments. 1
- On-board Video Analytics
- The VB-H41 camera is packed with features that enhance its functionality and usability. On-board Video Analytics enable the camera to detect moving, abandoned, or removed objects in its range of vision, and also detect attempts at camera tampering and changes in sound levels. Passing Detection enhances the monitoring capabilities, allowing you to define a line to trigger an alert when it is passed in a defined direction. For increased control in monitoring sensitive areas, the VB-H41 camera also offers a Privacy Mask function. With this, you can block specific sections of the camera's field of view to avoid intrusions of privacy or password theft even while executing PTZ operations. The VB-H41 camera features an impressive algorithm and highly precise detection is achieved using polygonal and rectangular shapes to specify up to 15 areas of detection. Adding polygonal to rectangular shapes allows for increased flexibility in detection areas. The camera includes the provision for notification of any detection through the network using a number of functions like automatic recording, e-mail transmission, and uploading videos and images to a specified target server. It is also possible to combine a number of detection functions for simultaneous notification.
- DIGIC NET II / DIGIC DV III Image Processor
- This camera features a hardware-based encryption and compression engine, the DIGIC NET II, and Canon's sophisticated image processor, the DIGIC DV III. DIGIC NET II is a powerful processor that allows the VB-H41 camera to simultaneously deliver both H.264 and JPEG video in high resolution (1920 x 1080) at a maximum frame rate of 30 fps with no loss in frame rates. DIGIC DV III provides superior image quality with lifelike colors, tonal accuracy, and reduced image noise with lower power consumption.
- H.264 Codec
- The H.264 codec of the camera maximizes both image quality and data storage with good image compression that delivers high-resolution images with small file size. The low bandwidth utilization increases infrastructure cost savings and reduces data storage capability requirements, while still delivering good quality images. Adjustable I-frame intervals allow maximum flexibility in bandwidth and storage utilization.
- Image Stabilization
- The Image Stabilization feature works to compensate for image blur caused by camera vibrations or movement. This is useful against building vibration or strong winds, which may occur when the camera is installed on an outdoor pole. There are 2 levels of electronic image stabilization that in the VB-H41 camera to accommodate varying levels of movement intensity.
- Smart Shade Control
- Smart shade control or SSC automatically adjusts images which may have a bright background by adjusting the gain of the underexposed areas without affecting the exposure of the properly exposed areas. This feature helps make backlit images easier to see and vital areas of interest easier to monitor.
- Auto Day/Night Capability
- As the available light changes, the Auto Day/Night feature allows this camera to automatically adjust its settings to maintain optimal image quality. A removable IR cut filter and optimized IR light reflection suppression coating allows for good low-light visibility with minimal ghosting.
- Joystick Support
- For added ease in control, this camera supports 3rd party joysticks (to be purchased separately) for controlling the Pan/Tilt/Zoom and presets.
- Various Power Options
- The VB-H41 camera gives installation flexibility as it can accept a variety of power options such as 12 VDC, 24 VAC, or Power over Ethernet. The low power consumption of the VB-H41 camera allows the use of standard PoE (IEEE 802.3af), enabling a single LAN cable to power the camera and transfer video and audio data. Connecting to a PoE switch or an injector eliminates the need to run AC connections to installation sites of the cameras. This can help keep installation costs to a minimum.
- Full Duplex 2-Way Audio
- The mic / line-in and line-out jack allows you to have 2-way audio communication between the remote monitoring center and the surveillance location. This feature turns the VB-H41 camera into a valuable part of your surveillance system.
- Built-in SD Memory Card Slot
- The VB-H41 camera has a built-in SD memory card slot which supports SD, SDHC, and SDXC cards. It allows streamed images from the camera to be saved to an SD card, giving reliable backup in the event of network power failures or outages. In addition, when issues occur, system logs are created and stored on the SD card for future troubleshooting. An administrative tool, the recorded video tool, allows you to search, download, and view the recorded videos.
- DHCPv6 Support
- The VB-H41 camera supports the receiving of IPv6 network configuration information from DHCPv6 servers. IPv6 protocol allows easy integration with any system that has been or may be upgraded with IPv6.
- RM-Lite 2.0 Network Video Monitoring and Recording Software
- The included RM-Lite 2.0 recording software allows monitoring of JPEG and H.264 video and the recording and playback of the JPEG video from up to 4 cameras. This complimentary software is well suited for small systems and eliminates the need to purchase software separately.