Contour's ContourROAM2 Action Camera, in red, offers high-definition video and photo capture in a waterproof, buttonless design. The camera simply powers on and begins recording at the slide of an On/Record switch, which is lockable to prevent accidental shut-offs. The integrated lens can be rotated 270° so that you can mount the camera in horizontally tilted angles and still get straight shots. Moreover, a laser is built in right above the lens to help you pin-point the correct shooting angle. The camera also captures audio via an internal mic. All capture and output settings are selectable in a free-download management software available on Contour's website.
The integrated lens features a 170° ultra-wide angle that will provide you with an expansive view. Video can be captured in 1080p, 960p, or 720p HD resolutions. Still photos are captured at 5 megapixels (2592 x 1944) in intervals of 1, 3, 5, 10, 30, or 60 seconds. To choose between video or photo recording, you just have to select the desired mode in the management software. All data is recorded to microSD cards up to 32GB in capacity. One 4GB card is included.
ContourROAM2 runs on a built-in, 3.5 hour lithium-ion battery. The camera is natively waterproof up to 3 ft, but can be immersed in up to 196 ft using an optional ContourROAM Waterproof Case. A 1/4"-20 thread is available on the bottom for mounting the camera on a tripod and other support devices. A USB cable is included for video output and charging the built-in battery. A profile mount and rotating surface mount are included to get you started, while many other mounting accessories are optionally available from Contour.
- Key Features
- Waterproof, buttonless HD action camera
- 1080p, 960p, 720p HD video capture
- 5MP still photo capture in intervals of 1, 3, 5, 10, 30, or 60 seconds
- 170° ultra-wide angle lens
- Rotating lens allows mounting in horizontally tilted angles and still getting straight shots
- Built-in laser helps pin-point the correct shooting angle
- Built-in mic
- Records to microSD cards up to 32GB in capacity (4GB card included)
- Built-in, 3.5 hour lithium-ion battery
- Profile mount and rotating surface mount are included