ikan's VX7i 7" 3G-SDI Camera Monitor with IPS Panel and Canon 900 Battery Plate includes a 7" monitor that's closely similar to other 7" ikan monitors, even identical to some, in all respects except one: the VX7i features a tally system, a dual-sided one, with three indicators built into the rear chassis and with three functioning on-screen.
The monitor comes coupled with a Canon 900 Series DV battery plate and optionally accepts V-mount and Anton Bauer pro battery plates via mounting holes on its rear panel.
Front panel controls include two assignable function buttons, input selection buttons, and knobs for aspect ratio, brightness, contrast, and chroma.
- HD & IPS
- The screen has a resolution of 1280 x 800, which is higher than 720p, letting you see images in hi-res HD. The screen also features IPS functionality (in-plane switching), which gives you a wide viewing angle of 170° by 170° and which also gives you a more accurate color rendition than any standard LCD monitor.
- Dual Tally Systems
- The monitor features front and back tally systems: three different colors on-screen, and three LED lights on the back of the panel. When the tally is connected, it lets the user know when they are recording or switched to on air.
- Input / Output
- A diverse set of connections: 3G-SDI, HDMI, Composite, and Component inputs and outputs. The Component and Composite ones are on BNC connectors.
- Support for Multiple Battery Solutions
- Your VX7i comes with a Canon 900 Series battery plate, which will accept a compatible DV battery, but alternatively you can connect V-mount or Anton Bauer pro battery plates. The monitor features mounting holes for these.
- The VX7i is equipped with both Monochrome and Color Peaking features, which highlight the desired focus area in a bright, RED outline. The operator adjusts the focus control until the RED indicator outlines on the desired area are razor sharp, indicating optimal focus. For best results, be sure the subject is properly exposed.
- False Color
- The False Color feature uses a full spectrum of assigned color indicators, ensuring flawless shot exposure. The under/ over luminance warning lets you get the quality you want every time. By adjusting the camera's iris, the subject of the image will change color based on specific brightness values indicating optimal exposure.
- DSLR Scaling
- The DSLR Scaling function enables you to extend your DSLR's HDMI output to any option of four display options: Normal, 3:2, 16:9 or Full Screen.
- Movable Pixel-to-Pixel
- 1:1 pixel-to-pixel mapping lets you choose an element in your shot and to zoom in on that element to see it in the resolution it was shot in.
- Clip Guides
- Offers adjustable upper Clip Guide levels to accurately display overexposed images in any shooting condition. You would simply assign the upper IRE to you preference and any exposure over the IRE limit will flash in a vivid purple, indicating only the over exposed area.