The ikan D7 7" 3G-SDI Camera Monitor & Sony L-Series Power Kit is a trendy and efficient 7" monitor with SDI and HDMI connections, a hi-def screen, and a comprehensive set of software features, like Peaking and False Color. The purpose of these features, and of the rest of the features, is to help you fine-tune factors like exposure and focus before you shoot your scene. In relation, the monitor's hi-def screen, at 1280 x 800 pixels, is optimal for displaying and making use of these features.
The monitor weighs only about a pound and is about an inch thick. All the buttons are away from clear view, most located at the top corners, more towards the back panel than the front. Four of these buttons are assignable. Another button, an "EXIT" button, along with a rotary wheel control the monitor's menu. And an "INPUT" button selects between the SDI and HDMI inputs.
If you're interested in this same monitor but with the advanced software features of Waveform, RGB Parade, and Vectorscope, please check out the "D7W".
- HD Resolution
- Although the D7 has a 7-inch screen, with 1280 X 800 HD resolution what you see is what you get! The D7 outputs crisp, clear shots on the field, meaning less time in the editing room.
- The D7 is equipped with both Monochrome and Color Peaking features, which highlight the desired focus area in a bright, RED outline. The operator adjusts the focus control until the RED indicator outlines on the desired area are razor sharp, indicating optimal focus. For the best results, be sure the subject is properly exposed.
- False Color
- The False Color feature utilizes a full spectrum of assigned color indicators, ensuring flawless shot exposure. The under/ over luminance warning enables the video professional to get the quality he/ she desires every time. By adjusting the camera's Iris, the subject of the image will change color based on specific brightness values indicating optimal exposure.
- DSLR Scaling
- The DSLR Scaling function enables users to extend their DSLR camera's HDMI video output to any option of four: Normal, 3:2, 16:9 or Full Screen - convenience made simple.
- Movable Pixel-to-Pixel
- The D7's 1:1 pixel-to-pixel mapping allows the video professional to emphasize on individual chosen elements in the shot. This feature is essential for capturing optimum detail.
- Clip Guides
- The D7 offers adjustable upper Clip Guide levels to accurately display overexposed images in any shooting condition. The operator simply assigns the upper IRE to their preference and any exposure over the set IRE limit will flash in a vivid purple, indicating only the over exposed area.