The DR-5000 Digital Macro Ring Flash from Vivitar is a universal ring flash that can be used with digital and film SLR cameras. It easily mounts onto a lens with 52mm threads, and can step up to 55mm, 58mm, 62mm & 67mm with the included mounting rings.
Its light is daylight balanced, leaning toward the blue end of the visible spectrum, with a color temperature of 5600K. Its Guide Number is 59' (18 m) at ISO 100, with an Auto Sensor as well. It operates on four AA batteries (not included), has a recycle time of 2-3 seconds, and energy saving built-in to conserve battery power.
Specially designed to reduce shadows and provide even lighting across a subject, this ring flash is not only great for macro photos, but can be used in various other applications like close-up portraits or product photographs.
- Guide No: 59' (ISO 100) with Auto Sensor
- The DR-5000 has a guide number of 59' (18 m) at ISO 100.
- Recycle Time: Approx. 2-3sec
- From one flash to the next, you'll only have to wait about two to three seconds for the ring flash to power back up, ready to fire the next shot.
- Daylight 5600K Color Temperature
- At 5600K the ringlight provides one of the most common color temperatures in the business, and though it contains all of the colors in the visible light spectrum, it is balanced for daylight shooting and leans toward the blue end.
- Power Source: 4x AA Batteries
- Powering the ringlight is easy with four AA batteries that are loaded into the shoe mounted top unit, which is plugged into the ring flash.
- 5x Mounting Rings Fit 52 - 67mm Threads
- The ringlight works with a wide variety of lens sizes and types, with five mounting ring sizes, including: 52, 55, 58, 62 and 67mm in diameter.