The Teradek Cube 305 HD-SDI Decoder with Ethernet makes up an HD video transmission solution with any Cube Encoder that streams by wired Ethernet (such as Cube 105). Cube 305 receives the stream with embedded audio over Ethernet, decodes it, and outputs it in the widely-used, edit-ready H.264 codec to switchers, professional monitors and other equipment via an HD-SDI output. H.264 is also a popular codec for uploading files to the internet. An alternative to receiving a stream by Ethernet, Cube 305 can receive by an optional 3G/4G USB modem, which would install into a USB port positioned right beside the Ethernet port. A MicroSD card slot enables saving the received stream in addition to outputting it, and an OLED display on the side communicates transmission status and other data.
Cube 305 supports resolutions up to 1080p/30, which is the top resolution that many common camcorders and DSLRs shoot in. The Cube moreover features a built-in scaler and can upscale any lower resolution to 1080p/30.
The Cube powers by an included AC adapter or an optional Teradek/Swit 945, D54, or VGB6 2-pin Lemo battery, and it is outfitted for 1/4" mounting. Cube 305 is almost identical with Cube 355. The only differences between the two are that Cube 355 features WiFi instead of an Ethernet input and also has a 2-hour internal battery.
- Key Features
- Receives a 1080p/30 stream with embedded audio by Ethernet or optional USB modem
- Outputs 1080p/30 in H.264 to switchers, monitors and other equipment by HD-SDI
- A built-in scaler can internally upscale to 1080p/30
- Powers by an included AC adapter or optional 2-pin Lemo Teradek/Swit battery
- MicroSD card slot enables saving the received stream
- OLED display communicates transmission status and other data