The P8Z77-V Pro / Thunderbolt LGA-1155 Intel Z77 Chipset Motherboard from ASUS is an ATX form factor motherboard with Intel Z77 chipset. This chipset is designed to support the LGA1155 socket for 3rd Generation Intel Core processor-based platforms and 2nd Generation Core i7/i5/i3/Pentium/Celeron processors. It provides improved performance by utilizing serial point-to-point links, allowing increased bandwidth and stability. Additionally, the chipset provides 1 USB 3.0 port for 10 times faster data retrieval speed and 5 USB 2.0 ports.
The motherboard is PCIe 3.0 ready which is the latest PCIe bus standard with improved encoding schemes that provides twice the performance of current PCIe 2.0. The total bandwidth for an x16 link reaches a maximum of 32 Gbps, whereas in PCIe 2.0 it can reach a maximum of only 16 Gbps (in x16 mode).
The motherboard features iGPU, memory and PCIe controllers integrated to support onboard graphics output with dedicated chipsets, 2-channel (4 DIMM) DDR3 memory and 16 PCIe 3.0/2.0 lanes. It also boosts AMD Quad-GPU CrossFireX and LucidLogix Virtu MVP support.
- Thunderbolt Onboard
- Featuring a maximum bi-directional speed of 10Gbps, Thunderbolt is 2 times faster than USB 3.0 and 20 times faster than USB 2.0. And with the ability to daisy-chain up to six devices without the need for a hub or switch, that means less overhead for a clutter free computing experience.
- TPU Plus Smart DIGI+
TPU With SMART DIGI+
Take advantage of enhanced power management through the use of SMART DIGI+ Technology, which works with the TPU (TurboV Processing Unit) to ramp up performance to its maximum. Enable the SMART DIGI+ key with a single click and adjust CPU ratios manually in the TPU to increase CPU frequency up to an incredible 85%.
Reduce CPU Wattage
SMART DIGI+ Technology also includes the Smart CPU Power Level profile, which reduces CPU power consumption to a specific indicated wattage with a single click, creating a cooler and quieter PC.
- Wi-Fi Go
Connect Your Life
ASUS Wi-Fi Go makes enjoying home entertainment and remote control capabilities easier than ever by linking PCs, pads, smartphones and TV together. With a Wi-Fi module on board, ASUS Wi-Fi Go adds a host of useful free Wi-Fi functions, which provide DLNA streaming, while also providing remote access to your PC with a smart device.
1. Wi-Fi hotspot setup for convenience:
Quickly set up and connect anywhere at home thanks to instant soft access point and device detection.
2. Turn smartphones and tablets into a remote control:
•Remote Desktop: access your PC from a tablet and control your PC in real-time. This function brings notebook-like convenience, by creating a virtual remote desktop, offering portable access to your data in desktop with smartphone or tablet.
•Motion control your PC: Using natural gestures, you can move directionally to use applications with a smartphone or tablet's motion sensors.
•Remote keyboard and mouse: Control you computer by using your tablet's built-in QWERTY keyboard to type and click.
3. DLNA streaming:
Stream HD content, music and photos from the PC on your DLNA devices via Wi-Fi connectivity.
4. Transfer files and screenshots:
•File Transfer: Send and share files between your PC and smart devices with just one click on the mouse. •Capture & Send: Capture and send screen shots from your PC to smart devices directly by pressing the hotkey.
- Fan Xpert 2
Customizable Cooling Controls
ASUS Fan Xpert 2 unleashes the true potential of your fans for enhanced cooling and silence.
Fan Auto Tuning Mode
ASUS Fan Xpert 2 provides Fan Auto Tuning Mode to scan each fan's characteristics through the exclusive automatic fan speed detection, giving custom speed settings of each fan with a single click.
RPM Fixed Mode
Fan Xpert 2 also includes an RPM Fixed Mode for users who wish to reduce noise levels to near 0dB with highly specific fan speed control.
- USB 3.0 Boost
Faster USB 3.0 Transmission with UASP
ASUS USB 3.0 Boost technology supports UASP (USB Attached SCSI Protocol), the latest USB 3.0 standard. With USB 3.0 Boost technology, a USB device's transmission speed is significantly increased up to 170%, adding to an already impressive fast USB 3.0 transfer speed. ASUS software automatically accelerates data speeds for compatible USB 3.0 peripherals without the need for any user interaction.
- USB BIOS Flashback
Plug & Press - Hardware-based BIOS Flashback
USB BIOS allows users to update new UEFI BIOS versions even without hardware such as a CPU or DRAM installed into the motherboard. Just plug in a USB flash drive containing the BIOS file, and press the BIOS flashback button for 3 seconds with the power supply connected. The UEFI BIOS will then automatically update without requiring further interaction.
- Network iControl
Real-time Network Bandwidth Control
With a single-click on/off, the application currently in use has its data and network bandwidth prioritized over other programs. Moreover, you can prioritize your favorite software easily by configuring profiles throughout the intuitive user interface. Within the profile, program can be pre-scheduled to run in a specific time period to avoid network congestion and long-waits on downloads. Auto PPPoE network connection provides a one-step setup for enhanced online convenience.
- LucidLogix Virtu MVP
- Designed for Intel processor graphics and Windows 7PCs, LucidLogix Virtu MVP combines the performance of discrete graphics cards with fast computing iGPU. Also with Virtual Sync, users can enjoy a smoother gaming experience by eliminating tearing artifacts. LucidLogix Virtu MVP could also dynamically assign tasks to the best available graphics resource, based on power, performance, and system load. This allows users to fully utilize 3x faster video conversion with Intel Quick Sync Video 2.0 technology while retaining high-end 3D rendering and gaming performance, provided by both NVIDIA and AMD graphic cards. When the discrete graphics card is not required, power consumption goes automatically down to near zero, making the system more environmentally-friendly.
- PCIe 3.0 Ready
- The PCI Express bus standard delivers improved encoding for twice the performance of current PCIe 2.0. Total bandwidth for an x16 link reaches a maximum of 32GB/s, double the 16GB/s of PCIe 2.0 (in x16 mode). PCIe 3.0 provides users with enhanced data speeds, combined with the convenience and seamless transition offered by complete backward compatibility with PCIe 1.0 and PCIe 2.0 devices. It's a must-have feature for PC users aiming to improve and optimize graphics performance.
- DTS Connect
Expand Your PC Audio Experience
DTS Nero:PC upmixes stereo sources into as many as 7.1 channels of surround sound. Connect your PC directly to your home theater system. DTS Interactive is capable of performing multi-channel encoding of DTS bitstreams on personal computers, and sending encoded bitstreams out of a digital audio connection designed to deliver audio to an external decoder.
- DTS UltraPC II
- DTS UltraPC II delivers 7.1 surround through your existing stereo speakers or headphones. In addition to virtual surround, it upgrades original sound to new levels with Audio Restoration, recreating the dynamic range of audio files. Symmetry mode improves the balance of perceived loudness across difference input sources and Enhance boosts audio quality through high and low frequency equalization.
- LGA1155 Intel 3rd/2nd Generation Core i7/ Core i5/ Core i3/ Pentium / Celeron Processors Ready
- The motherboard supports Intel 3rd generation Intel Core processor-based platform and 2nd generation Core i7/i5/i3/Pentium/Celeron processors, with iGPU, memory and PCI Express controllers integrated to support onboard graphics output with dedicated chipsets, 2-channel (4 DIMM) DDR3 memory and 16PCI Express 3.0/2.0 lanes. This provides improved graphics performance.
- Intel Z77 Express Chipset
- The Intel Z77 Express Chipset is a single-chipset design to support socket 1155 Intel 3rd generation Intel Core processor-based platform and 2nd generation Core i7/i5/i3/Pentium/Celeron processors. It provides improved performance by utilizing serial point-to-point links, allowing increased bandwidth and stability. Additionally, Z77 chipset provides 4 USB 3.0 ports for 10 times faster data retrieval speed. Moreover, Intel Z77 Express Chipset can also enable iGPU function, letting users enjoy the latest Intel integrated graphic performance.
- Quad-GPU SLI and Quad-GPU CrossFireX Support!
- Flexible Multi-GPU Solutions, Your Weapon of Choice! P8Z77-V PRO brings you the multi-GPU choice of either SLI or CrossFireX. The motherboard features the most powerful Intel Z77 platform to optimize PCIe allocation in multiple GPU configurations.