The 6TB StorCenter px2-300D Network Storage 2-Bay Server by Iomega is a full featured NAS server with a host of features that include a 1.8GHz Intel D525 Atom Dual Core processor, 2GB of RAM and support for RAID 0 and 1. It includes two 3.5" SATA II server-class hard drives (with optional support for solid-state drives) with spindle speeds of 7200 rpm. It can also accommodate 2.5" drives as well.
Server class drives mean that you can run this NAS 2-bay unit 24/7, perfect for a small- or medium-sized business or data center that needs complete access to data at any time of the day or night. Because of the ease in which this unit sets up, you can also use it as personal cloud storage space to store your digital files, including music, videos and other content.
For IT professionals, the Iomega StorCenter px2-300d also offers simultaneous iSCSI block access for storage protocols over the Internet (iSCSI uses existing LAN infrastructure and traditional NICs to provide access to shared disks). The StorCenter features Dual GbE NICs along with USB 3.0 ports for speedy transfers.
IT pros worried about security will love the Active Directory support and remote access, along with the protection of the EMC Atmos cloud Connector, EMC Avamar data deduplication, RAID protection with hot swap drives, UPS support, built-in McAfee VirusScan, user quotas, device-to-device data replication and certification for most virtualization environments. The StorCenter px2-300d also includes the MindTree SecureMind video surveillance application along with support for PC, Mac and Linux clients.
This server includes two SATA II drives, and contains two hot-swap HDD bays. Empty bays are fitted with a drive carrier, which can accommodate 2.5" and 3.5" drives.
Ease of Use
• Fast, three step set up with an intuitive web-based interface • User friendly web-based management interface • Web Interface accessible in 16 supported languages • Flexible Configurations with Diskless option, bring your own drives • Software Compatibility: Compatible with today's most common backup software, web browsers, media devices and computers
Server Class hard drives are used to ensure higher reliability and performance. These drives are designed to better handle rotational vibration and continuous operation for mission critical applications. Ideal for video surveillance applications
Dual Gigabit Ethernet
Dual Gigabit Ethernet connectivity with high performance embedded architecture. Supports teaming or bonding modes to increase network performance or provide higher reliability with NIC failover
Active Directory Support
Windows Active Directory Trusted Domains, MSCS and Hyper-V Live Migration support
User interface localized for English, French, Italian, German, Spanish, Brazilian Portuguese, Russian, Traditional Chinese, Simplified Chinese, Korean, Japanese, Arabic, Hebrew, Turkish, Swedish, and Polish
Third party applications can be installed using the embedded application manager
iSCSI target provides block-level access for the most efficient storage utilization, especially for backup, database and email application performance. It can be used in parallel with file-level storage access via CIFS/NFS. Includes support for SCSI-3 persistent reservations
McAfee Virus Scan Built-in, real-time on-access and automatic anti-Virus scanning and cleaning using the embedded McAfee VirusScan Enterprise
• NIC bonding for failover and load balancing including 802.3ad link aggregation • Jumbo frame support for 4000 and 9000 byte payloads • VLAN Tagging capability to IEEE 802.1Q standard • iSCSI persistent reservations for clustered Microsoft environments
Data Replication / Device to Device Data Copy Jobs
Easily copy files to and from attached USB drives or any network share - including Iomega Personal Cloud locations - using the secure rsync or CIFS protocol. Define your Copy Job to copy/synchronize files to and from connected drives and/or any other shared storage on your network. You can also schedule jobs to run on a predetermined schedule.
Advanced Disk and Power Management
Automatic hard drive spin-down assures the most efficient (minimal) power consumption; Scheduled Power automatically power on or turn off your Iomega StorCenter at a pre-selected time schedule; Wake-On-LAN powers on your Iomega StorCenter when a "magic-packet" wake-up signal is sent over the network.(Wake-On-LAN magic packet application not included)
• Featuring MindTree SecureMind (1 camera license included) • Supports up to 16 Cameras per device • Support for a large number of H.264, MPEG4 and MJPEG IP and USB connected Cameras • Activity Based Recording • Video Loss and Tamper Alert Detections • Activity Alerts and "Alert-Me" reporting of alerts through email • Control, View and Configure Cameras remotely with remote access or SecureMind mobile app for iOS or Android • Supports Axis AVHS system
In the Box
Iomega 6TB (2x 3TB) StorCenter px2-300d Network Storage 2-Bay Server
• Mac OS X 10.5 - 10.7 • Firefox 3.x; Safari 4, Chrome 6 or later browser • Must meet minimum RAM requirements for your operating system • Available 10/100/1000 Mbps network Ethernet port (required)
• Pentium 300Mhz processor or higher • Must meet minimum RAM requirements for your operating system • Microsoft Windows XP or newer - exclusive of XP 64 bit for Personal Cloud • Microsoft Internet Explorer 7.0, Firefox 3.x • Available 10/100/1000 Mbps network Ethernet port (required)
Personal Cloud & Remote Access
• Internet connection • Universal Plug and Play (UPnP) compatible router or administrative rights to port forward • To implement Personal Cloud, the user must have the ability to expose a specific port to the Internet • Recommended minimum sustained connection speeds for a good Personal Cloud experience • Download: 2.5 Mbit/s • Upload: 500Kbit/s • Personal Cloud is not compatible with Active Directory • Personal Cloud is not compatible with Active Directory