The 12TB StorCenter px12-450r Network Storage Array from LenovoEMC is a powerful network storage solution offering high levels of performance and advanced data protection for small- to medium-sized businesses and distributed enterprise locations. It is ideal for production data stores, server virtualization, backup-to-disk target and video surveillance. This is available in diskless, partially populated or fully populated configurations from 0TB to 48TB in a single array. The px12-450r Array provides superior performance and reliability for your mission-critical data. With built-in McAfee VirusScan Enterprise, your data is safe from viruses and other malicious threats. In addition, the storage array includes many enterprise-class features, such as Integrated Virtualization Extensions (IVX), Snapshot backup, the EMC Atmos Cloud Connector, EMC Avamar data deduplication as well as device-to-device data replication to ensure data integrity at both the source and the replication target. Businesses can take full advantage of its extremely high throughput with Quad Gigabit Ethernet connectivity. The px12-450r Array also features an Intel Quad Core Xeon Processor and advanced networking capabilities such as link aggregation (port bonding). It uses server class hard drives to ensure high reliability and performance, and provides the option of solid state drives to boost performance.
- The StorCenter px12-450r Array supports up to 375 users.
- High Performance
It is built around the Intel Xeon processor to support demanding workloads like virtualization, deduplication, database management and video surveillance.
Intel Quad Core 2.5 GHz E3-1265Lv2 Xeon Processor for enhanced performance and energy efficiency.
8GB DDR3 RAM
Server class hard drives with support for solid state drives
Quad GbE NICs
Support for 2 x 10GbE through an optional 10GbE PCI card (sold separately)
Certified for Windows, VMware and Citrix
Server class hard drives ensure higher reliability and performance. These drives are designed to better handle rotational vibration and continuous operation for mission-critical applications.
Starting at 0TB (diskless), with a maximum capacity of 48TB
4-drive disk packs enable expansion to 8 or 12 drive configurations
4-drive configurations are preconfigured under RAID 5
Fully-populated 12-drive configurations are preconfigured under RAID 5
Expand storage capacity by simply adding drives in the unpopulated drive bays. The added drives can be brought into an existing storage pool or made into a new storage pool. Additionally, USB connected hard disk drives can be attached and used as shares.
The LenovoEMC px12 supports read and write on Fat32, NTFS or ext2/ext3/ext4 formatted hard disks and read only of external HFS+ formatted drives.
- RAID Support
- It features RAID 0, 1, 5, 6, 10 and JBOD with hot spare, automatic RAID rebuild and hot-swap capabilities.
- Integrated Virtualization Extensions (IVX)
Run multiple virtual machines (VMs) on a LenovoEMC device.
Run Windows apps & Linux storage simultaneously.
Ideal for database read/write, print server and Exchange server backup.
Point-in-Time backup of a complete volume image including Active Snap capability.
Also uses .VSS and .VDS for compatibility with Windows & VMware hosts.
- SSD Support
- For I/O intensive applications, the px12-450r can be fitted with solid state drives to boost performance.
- SSD Cache Pools
- Set up dedicated solid state drives for fast reads & writes of frequently accessed data to enhance performance for I/O intensive applications such as databases.
- Redundant Power Supply
- The StorCenter px12-450r Array comes with dual hot-swappable power supplies for 1+1 redundancy.
- Storage Pools
- Storage pools group drives of similar size and RAID protection together to simplify management. You can optimize block storage performance with dedicated iSCSI storage pools.
- Network File Protocols Supported
- Supports CIFS/SMB/Rally (Microsoft), NFS (Linux/UNIX), AFP/Bonjour (Apple), FTP, SFTP, TFTP, HTTP, HTTPS, WebDAV, Windows DFS and SNMP.
- iSCSI Target
- iSCSI target provides block-level access for the most efficient storage utilization, especially for backup, database and email application performance. It can be used in parallel with file-level storage access via CIFS/NFS and includes support for SCSI-3 persistent reservations.
- Flexible Configurations
Storage pools with RAID expansion, migration and hot spares
Advanced RAID levels including hot spare
- Server Class Drives
- The array uses server class drives and is certified for VMware vSphere 5.1, Citrix XenServer ESX 5.1, Windows Server 2008 R2 and Windows Server 2012.
- Business Class Features
- The StorCenter px12-450r Array provides business class features like Windows Active Directory including Active Directory Hybrid Authentication (ADHA), Trusted Domains, Microsoft Cluster Server and Hyper-V Live Migration support.
- Advanced Networking Capabilities
NIC bonding for failover and load balancing, including 802.3ad link aggregation.
Jumbo frame support for 4000 and 9000 byte payloads.
VLAN Tagging capability to IEEE 802.1Q standard.
VLAN Tagging capability to IEEE 802.1Q standard.
iSCSI persistent reservations for clustered Microsoft environments.
- Data Replication
Easily copy files to and from attached USB drives or any other shared storage on your network, including LenovoEMC Personal Cloud locations, using the secure rsync or CIFS protocol.
Define your Copy Job to copy/synchronize files to and from connected drives and/or any other shared storage on your network.
Schedule jobs to run on a predetermined schedule.
- Application Manager
- Third-party applications can be installed using the embedded application manager.
- Data Organization and Access
- Windows DFS organizes folders and files on a network, such that they appear to be all in one directory tree on a single LenovoEMC network storage device, even if the folders reside on many devices in many different locations. WebDAV (Web-based Distributed Authoring and Versioning) enables viewing, adding or deleting files on a Lenovo network storage device from the web, via HTTP or HTTPS for added security.
- Power Savings
Scheduled Power: Automatically power on or turn off your LenovoEMC device at a pre-selected time schedule.
Wake-on-LAN: Powers on your LenovoEMC network storage device when a "magic packet" wake-up signal is sent over the network. (Wake-on-LAN magic packet application not included)
- Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS) Support
- Enables unattended system shutdown via the USB port without data loss in the event of power failure.
- Simple Management
Simple setup with an intuitive web-based interface. The web interface can be accessed locally or remotely.
Feature selection gives IT administrators the ability to customize the viewable features.
- Configuration Backup and Restore
- Allows you to back up and restore system configuration information. Backing up a configuration saves various system properties, including users, groups, device identification as well as share names and permissions.
- System Status
- Consolidates resource on space utilization, device information and status. In addition, you can manage controls such as device restart from here.
- SMART Hard Drive Monitor
- Continually monitors and reports on the health of all drives in the LenovoEMC network storage device.
- Built-In McAfee VirusScan Enterprise
- The StorCenter px12-450r Array features built-in McAfee VirusScan Enterprise, which gives small businesses the ability to safely deploy network storage in places where previously there was the possibility of virus and/or malware vulnerability. McAfee VirusScan Enterprise for Linux permits on-access scanning of local file systems, mounted NFS and Samba/CIFS shares as well as a kernel-level scan cache to enhance performance. In addition, a secure browser interface with authentication and HTTPS (SSL) support is included to aid in administration. This delivers robust reporting features, including the ability to query the database by date range or individual field values, such as by virus name. Results of the query can be exported to a CSV file and a diagnostic report can be generated for reporting a problem with the product.
- LenovoEMC Personal Cloud
- LenovoEMC Personal Cloud is a web-based computing architecture that connects your LenovoEMC Network Storage devices to other individuals and/or devices via the Internet.
- LenovoEMC Link iOS & Android Application
- LenovoEMC Link gives you a direct link to your px12-450r via your iOS or Android device. You can upload, download, browse and copy content on your network storage devices using LenovoEMC Link mobile app. (download app from iTunes or Android Market)
- Software Compatibility
- The StorCenter px12-450r Array is compatible with today's most common backup software, web browsers, media devices and computers.