The 240GB Aura Pro SSD and Envoy Storage Solution for MacBook Air 2010-2011 Edition from Other World Computing is a package consisting of an Aura Pro solid state drive and an Envoy external drive enclosure. The drive has 240GB data storage capacity. It is capable of read speeds of up to 507MB/s and write speeds of up to 454MB/s with the MacBook Air 2011 edition, or read speeds of up to 285MB/s and write speeds of up to 275MB/s with the MacBook Air 2010. As the drive has no moving parts, there is no need for a data buffer cache to boost speeds. RAID support enables you to configure a backup solution for your data.
The drive utilizes Multi-Level Cell (MLC) NAND Flash Memory. Its SandForce Processor provides a number of advantages, including DuraWrite to make your SSD last longer, Intelligent Block Management and Wear Leveling to distribute data evenly across the whole drive, Intelligent Read Disturb Management to eliminate data corruption, and more. Your files are protected by 128-bit AES data encryption.
The Envoy storage solution is equipped with a USB 3.0 interface supporting maximum data transfer speeds of 300MB/s. It's compatible with the following operating systems: Mac OS X 10.3 or later, Windows XP or later, and Linux.
The Aura Pro SSD replaces the factory SSD in your Apple MacBook Air for faster data transfer rates. You can place the factory SSD of your Apple MacBook Air into the Envoy enclosure so it can be reused as a fast external hard drive.
Please note that the OWC Envoy enclosure has been specifically designed for use ONLY with the factory SSD found installed in Apple MacBook Air 2010 and 2011 models. Do NOT attempt to install or use the OWC Aura Pro SSD in the Envoy as you can damage the Aura drive, the Envoy enclosure or both and such damage is not covered under warranty.
Aura Pro SSD
- Solid state drive with 240GB data storage capacity
- Fast Data Transfer Speeds
- Capable of read speeds of up to 507MB/s and write speeds of up to 454MB/s with MacBook Air 2011 edition. Capable of read speeds of up to 285MB/s and write speeds of up to 275MB/s with MacBook Air 2010 edition
- No Cache Needed
- Since the drive does not have any moving parts, a data buffer cache to boost speeds is not required
- Supports RAID data backup configurations with optional extra drives
- Multi-Level Cell (MLC) NAND Flash Memory
- SandForce Processor
Offers numerous benefits:
- DuraWrite makes your SSD last longer and improves reliability with higher Mean Time To Failure (MTTF)
- Intelligent Block Management and Wear Leveling also improve drive endurance and reliability (MTTF), distributing data evenly across the whole drive
- Intelligent Read Disturb Management spreads the active read/write cycle across the flash components, eliminating data corruption caused by constant use
- Intelligent "Recycling" for advanced free space management gradually re-writes data across the drive over time, in order to ensure that data never gets corrupted
- RAISE: Redundant Array of Independent Silicon Elements. Safeguards the data on your drive much as a RAID setup does
- Data Protection
- ECC protection extends data retention and drive life, while 128-bit AES data encryption safeguards your files against hackers
- Easy Install
- Includes all the tools--Torx T-5 screwdriver, Pentalobe compatible driver--and free video necessary for installation
Envoy Storage Solution
- USB 3.0 interface supports maximum data transfer speeds of 300MB/s, and is backwards compatible with USB 2.0. Bus-powered design means no AC power adapter is required, making it an ideal portable plug-and-play solution
- Aluminum construction with non-skid rubber feet for secure placement on any surface
- Silent, fanless operation
- Works with the following operating systems: Mac OS X 10.3 or later, Windows XP or later, or Linux