The 240GB Nexto Video Storage with Built-In SSD from Nexto DI is a standalone data storage device containing a built-in 240GB Mercury Electra 3G SATA internal solid state drive (SSD) from OWC. This drive offers maximum read speeds of 285MB/s and write speeds of 275MB/s. Back up your memory cards while in the field and away from a computer. The Video Storage is compatible with CF, MD (Micro Drive), SD, SDHC, SDXC, and MS memory cards.
In addition to storing data from your memory cards, this device allows you to sync data onto an optional external USB hard drive for a second layer of backup. The Video Storage also enables simultaneous copying of files from a memory card to the SSD and an external USB drive. Plus, you can burn Blu-ray discs without the need of a computer.
A bright, colorful 2.4" (6.1 cm) LCD screen gives you the ability to preview all of your files, either from the SSD or directly from your memory card or external hard drive. Preview of Blu-ray discs is supported, too. The LCD screen is also used to manage your files and to help expedite the process of transferring specific files to external drives.
The Video Storage is well-guarded against shock and other free-fall accidents. A sensor protects the SSD and read/write head in the event of a fall. A rugged jacket and rubber bumpers make for a highly durable design, meant to withstand impact.
- Back Up Files Anywhere with Many Different Card Types
- The Video Storage is compatible with a variety of different memory card types: CF 1 and 2, MD (Micro Drive), MS (Memory Stick), SD, SDHC, and SDXC memory cards, including SDHC/SDXC UHS-I. Safely back up all of the photos and videos saved on the card, up to the maximum storage capacity of 240GB
- 240GB SSD Storage
- Shorten your editing time by storing all your footage on a single, cost-effective, solid state drive
- SATA 3Gb/s interface
- Has 240GB of data storage capacity
- Capable of maximum read speeds of 285MB/s and write speeds of 275MB/s
- SandForce processor maximizes read and write performance
- Boots up in a fast 19.1 sec, compared to 54.9 sec for tested factory hard drive
- SandForce DuraClass technology with highly efficient Block Management and Wear Leveling prevents write speed degradation
- ECC and SandForce RAISE (Redundant Array of Independent Silicon Elements) technology provides RAID-like data protection and reliability without loss of transfer speed due to parity
- Intelligent "recycling" for advanced free space management
- All data automatically stored in AES-128 encrypted format for security
- Uses up to 75% less power than hard drives and up to 50% less power than other SSD's when active
- Designed and built in the U.S. from domestic and imported parts
- X-Copy Technology
- Patented technology from Nexto DI speeds up backup for a faster workflow
- Multiple Copy Modes
- Use the Video Storage's Fast Copy mode to create a new folder and copy all the memory card data into the folder. Copy & Verify mode is the same as Fast Copy, but after copying, the data on the memory card is compared with the copied data on the Video Storage's hard drive and each bit is verified. Safe Copy will verify that the hard drive area it is going to save to is safe, before copying data. If a bad sector is detected, a new safe area is found and Fast Copy mode will begin.
- Preview Photos and Videos
- Preview photo and video files, either from the SSD or directly from your memory cards or external USB hard drive. You can also preview Blu-ray discs.
- Copy Data to External Drive
- Export internal data to an external hard drive without a computer. Each time you plug in an external hard drive to the Video Storage, any files recorded since the last sync will automatically be transferred.
- Simultaneous Copying
- Mirrored data transfer is supported, allowing you to copy the files from a memory card to both the Video Storage and an external drive at the same time.
- Designed for Data Safety and Shock Protection
- A sensor protects the SSD in the event of a fall. A rubber jacket and bumpers make for a highly durable design, meant to withstand impact sustained during travel and use of the device.
- Bad Sector Recovery
- If a folder contains a bad sector, the device recovers the folder and copies data onto good sectors.
- Success and Failure Feedback
- Every time you turn on the Video Storage, it will display the previous backup results in order to help confirm the deletion of data stored on the memory card.
- Versatile Power Options
- An internal battery makes the Video Storage the perfect companion for working in the field. The device can also be powered by the power adapter, interface cables, AA battery holder, or an external battery pack.
- Burning Blu-ray Discs
- The Video Storage supports the burning or preview of Blu-ray discs (BD-R and BD-RE) without the use of a computer. CD / DVD burning not supported.