The Panasonic AW-HE120 PTZ Camera (White) is a full HD pan/tilt/zoom camera designed for demanding indoor environments, such as concert halls, government chambers, and boardrooms. It is also well suited for indoor news and sports recordings. The camera captures high-quality HD and SD footage, features an extended focusing range, an intuitive contrast management function, and flexible exposure and depth of field control. It supports single and multi unit wireless, serial, and IP remote control operation.
It features a 2.2 megapixel U.L.T. (Ultra Luminance Technology) 3MOS sensor that delivers up to 1080/60p/50p resolution by HDMI output and up to 1080/60i/50i by SDI and Component output. The U.L.T. 3MOS sensors is more sensitive to light than standard CMOS sensors. These sensors and the signal processing technology of the camera are the same kind used in Panasonic broadcast cameras like the AG-HPX370.
An integrated lens features an F1.6 to F3.4 aperture and motorized 20x optical zoom. The minimum focus distance across the entire zooming range is 31.5", with 15.7" on the wide end. The 20x zoom can successfully capture small rooms, large halls, and ultra-telephoto back-of-the-house close-ups.
A four position ND filter is built in and enables flexible exposure and depth of field control in brightly-lit conditions. The four positions are: clear, 1/4, 1/16, and 1/64. A Panasonic-exclusive function called DRS (Dynamic Range Stretch) offers three settings for automatically optimizing images that have wide contrast ranges. When an image contains dark, bright, and intermediate areas, DRS aims at more accurately reproducing each area and minimizing blocked shadows and blown highlights. A gamma curve and knee slope are estimated to match the contrast of each pixel in real-time. The result of DRS is a visually wider dynamic range.
The ND filters, DRS, the shutter, pan/tilt/zoom motion, and menu settings can all be controlled remotely using wireless remote controllers, serial and IP remote controllers, and via web-based IP control from any browser-equipped PC or Mac anywhere. The camera features two RJ-45 slots among its connections for RS-422 serial and IP control. Wireless remote controllers, such as the Panasonic AW-RM50G, can manage up to four cameras at the same time. IP control can manage up to 100 cameras at the same time. And one camera can be managed by up to five controllers. Compatible IP controllers include Panasonic's AW-RP655 and AW-HS50, and IP controllers from Crestron, AMX, and other manufacturers.
The pan/tilt head is integrated and performs fast and quiet. It covers a wide pan range of +/-175° and tilt range of -30° to 210°. The pan/tilt speed reaches a maximum of 60°/sec and the stop control is highly precise. The quietness is rated NC35, completely unobtrusive in noise-sensitive environments like boardrooms.
The camera can be installed stand-alone on a desktop or mounted high. A mounting bracket is included for secure attachment in either application. The camera also features a 1/4"-20 tripod mount screw receptacle and a safety lanyard for use with tripod mounting and grip systems. The control wiring required is standard LAN cabling, which affords greatly reduced installation costs.
- Light-Sensitive Full HD Capture
- 1080p full HD PTZ camera for demanding indoor settings
- Ideal for concert halls, government chambers, boardrooms, and indoor news and sports recordings
- Successfully captures small rooms, large halls, and ultra-telephoto close-ups
- 2.2 megapixel U.L.T. 3MOS sensor, more sensitive to light than standard CMOS sensors
- Delivers up to 1080p resolution by HDMI output and 1080i by SDI and Component
- Integrated F1.6 to F3.4 lens with motorized 20x optical zoom
- 31.5" minimum focus distance, 15.7" on the wide end
- Enhanced Image Features
- A built-in 4-position ND filter provides flexibility in controlling exposure and depth of field
- The four ND positions are: clear, 1/4, 1/16, and 1/64
- A Panasonic-exclusive DRS contrast management feature accurately reproduces wide contrast areas
- DRS also minimizes blocked shadows and blown highlights
- A 16-axis color correction function enables assigning precise color management settings
- 60dB signal-to-noise ratio
- Integrated Pan/Tilt Head
- Wide +/-175° pan range and -30° to 210° tilt range
- 60°/sec maximum pan/tilt speed
- Highly precise stop control
- NC35 quietness rating
- Remote Control
- The lens, pan/tilt/zoom, all features, and menu settings can all be controlled remotely
- Supports wireless remote control, RS-422 serial control, and IP control
- Supports direct or web-based IP control from a PC or Mac anywhere
- Multiple units can be controlled with a wireless controller and up to 100 units by IP control
- One unit can be managed by up to five controllers
- Analog Component
- 2x RJ-45 for RS-422 and IP control
- Installs stand-alone on a desktop or mounted high
- Features a 1/4"-20 tripod screw receptacle for use with tripod mounting and grip systems
- Uses cost-effective standard LAN cabling