Nikon's 1 Nikkor VR 10-100mm f/4-5.6 PD-Zoom Lens (Black) for CX Format is a 10x zoom lens designed specifically for shooting videos with the Nikon 1 CX format mirrorless cameras (it's superb for shooting still photos as well). The lens features three adjustable zoom speeds for video coverage variety, plus a voice coil AF motor (VCM) that keeps camera pan-in and pan-out activity silent.
Its 27-270mm (equivalent in 35mm format) range gives you a superb lens, from true wide-angle to long telephoto, which is ideal for portraits, landscapes, sports, and action shots. The Vibration Reduction (VR) system makes it possible to shoot still photos at much lower shutter speeds, with sharper results, than is normally the case. This is especially useful in low-light situations, and when using the telephoto part of the zoom range (where the slightest movement is magnified in an image).
With extra-low dispersion glass that provides superior sharpness and color, an aspherical lens element to virtually eliminate the problem of coma and other types of lens aberration even at the widest aperture, and Super Integrated Coating that reduces ghost and flare, this lens delivers superb images, still or video. A High Refractive Index of more than 2.0 that compensates for field curvature and spherical aberrations, combined with internal focusing makes possible a smaller, lighter lens with a closer focusing distance.
- Silent Motor Lens Ideal for Movie Making
- Vary your angles and depth of field with the 10-100mm lens. This lens is equipped with power drive zoom and Vibration Reduction (VR). Also included is the voice coil AF motor (VCM) for quiet autofocusing. Powerful and versatile, your expressions in movie mode will sizzle. Whether working up close with wide view, or framing a horizon in the distance, the 10-100mm lens puts flexibility into your workflow.
- Wide Depth of Field Perfect for Portrait to Landscape
- Command extended depth of field with the 10-100mm and isolate subjects from their backgrounds for both photos and video. Equipped with Vibration Reduction (VR), the 10-100mm is ideal for movie recording, as well as photo capture sharpness. The 10-100mm 1 NIKKOR lens applies three ED and two aspherical lens elements to ensure only the highest quality and color images- even at the widest aperture settings- are obtained. The HRI (High Refractive Index) lens element keeps lens compact while offering superior contrast at even maximum aperture.
- Move In Closer
- Use the substantial reach of the 10-100mm and bring subjects close. Get right in the action by maximizing to the full 100mm and retain sharpness at 2.8 feet from your subject. Even at this magnification photos and movies come out crystal clear and sharp courtesy of Vibration Reduction (VR).
- Vibration Reduction
- This innovative VR system minimizes image blur caused by camera shake. It allows handheld shooting at dusk, at night, and even in poorly lit interiors. The lens' VR system also detects automatically when the photographer pans-no special mode is required.
- High Refractive Index lens
- With a refractive index of more than 2.0, one HRI lens can offer effects equivalent to those obtained with several normal glass elements and can compensate for both field curvature and spherical aberrations. Therefore, HRI lenses achieve great optical performance in an even more compact body.
- Internal Focusing
- Imagine being able to focus a lens without it changing in size. Nikon's IF technology enables just that. All internal optical movement is limited to the interior of the non-extending lens barrel. This allows for a more compact, lightweight construction as well as a closer focusing distance.
- Aspherical Lens Element
- Aspherical lenses virtually eliminate the problem of coma and other types of lens aberration-even when used at the widest aperture. They are particularly useful in correcting the distortion in wide-angle lenses. In addition, use of aspherical lenses contributes to a lighter and smaller lens design.
- Extra-Low Dispersion Glass
- Nikon developed ED (Extra-low Dispersion) glass to enable the production of lenses that offer superior sharpness and color correction by minimizing chromatic aberration. ED glass offers all the benefits, yet none of the drawbacks of calcium fluorite-based glass. With this innovation, Nikon developed several types of ED glass suitable for various lenses.
- Nikon Super Integrated Coating
- To enhance the performance of its optical lens elements, Nikon employs an exclusive multilayer lens coating that helps reduce ghost and flare to a negligible level. Nikon Super Integrated Coating achieves a number of objectives, including minimized reflection in the wider wavelength range and superior color balance and reproduction.