The UAD-2 OCTO Core from Universal Audio consists of a short form PCIe (Express) card with eight SHARC processors for use in either Mac or Windows based native audio workstations. The card supplements the DSP processing of these systems, giving the computer's CPU more headroom and freeing resources for other functions that can include additional tracks, heavier mix automation, or the ability to use more native effects.
Analog Classics is the "Core" part of the UAD-2 OCTO Core, a software bundle included with the card. It features four of the company's most popular plug-in emulations that capture the essence of the analog hardware counterparts. The LA-2A Classic Audio Leveler features the sound of the classic electro-optical analog compressor, while the 1176LN Classic Limiting Amplifier is an accurate emulation of UA's legendary FET-based hardware.
The 1176SE Limiting Amplifier is a DSP-optimized version of the 1176LN, yielding higher instance counts while featuring its own unique characteristics. The Pultec EQP-1A Program Equalizer plug-in is a faithful electronic reproduction of the renowned hardware EQ. RealVerb Pro is a flexible and natural sounding reverb plug-in based on a unique set of algorithms, allowing the user to design the room just as they hear it.
The UAD-2 OCTO supports the use of other manufacturer's Audio Units, RTAS or VST plug-ins when used with the appropriate host software. Additionally, up to four UAD-2 cards can be used simultaneously in a single host computer, or combined with other UAD-2 devices, including the UAD-2 Satellite (FireWire), and Apollo audio interface.
- PCIe format DSP accelerator card with eight SHARC processors
- Run UAD Powered plug-ins on a Mac and PC tower, or select PCIe and Thunderbolt expansion chassis
- Provides native systems with a DSP boost for running larger mixes
- Includes Analog Classics bundle featuring LA-2A Classic Audio Leveler, 1176LN / 1176SE Classic Limiting Amplifiers, Pultec EQP-1A, and Realverb Pro plug-ins
- Access nearly sixty additional plug-ins from Ampex, Lexicon, Roland, Studer, Neve, Manley, SSL, EMT, Empirical Labs, MXR and more (sold separately)
- Up to four UAD-2 cards can be used simultaneously in a single host computer
- Combine with other UAD-2 devices, including additional UAD-2 PCIe card(s), UAD-2 Satellite (FireWire), and Apollo audio interface
- Compatible with Pro Tools, Logic Pro, Cubase, Live, Digital Performer, and more
- Audio Units, RTAS, and VST plug-in format support
- Mac OS X Snow Leopard, Lion, Mountain Lion and Windows 7 compatible