The UAD-2 Satellite DUO Custom from Universal Audio is a FireWire based accelerator that allows UAD plug-in use with non PCIe slot equipped Mac computers or Windows 7 computers with a qualified PCIe-to-FireWire adapter card. Powered by two SHARC processors, the standalone FireWire 800 or 400 based DSP accelerator can run complex mixes without taxing the host computer, and delivers world-class analog emulation plug-ins.
The Custom Bundle includes Analog Classics, but in addition allows the purchaser to choose any other three plug-ins from the company's extensive collection when registering the product. Analog Classics features four of the company's most popular plug-in emulations. The LA-2A Classic Audio Leveler features the sound of the classic electro-optical analog compressor, while the 1176LN Classic Limiting Amplifier is an accurate emulation of UA's legendary FET-based hardware.
The 1176SE Limiting Amplifier is a DSP-optimized version of the 1176LN, yielding higher instance counts while featuring its own unique characteristics. The Pultec EQP-1A Program Equalizer plug-in is a faithful electronic reproduction of the renowned hardware EQ. RealVerb Pro is a flexible and natural sounding reverb plug-in based on a unique set of algorithms, allowing the user to design the room just as they hear it.
The DSP accelerator can be paired with UAD-2 PCIe DSP Accelerator cards and the UAD Apollo interface for creating larger systems. Whether using Pro Tools, Cubase, Nuendo, Logic Pro, Digital Performer, or any other DAW software that supports the Audio Units, RTAS and VST formats, using UAD-2 plug-ins will reward the artist/engineer with the character and quality of classic hardware in a convenient plug-in format.
- External FireWire 800 and 400 DSP accelerator with two SHARC processors compatible with Intel based iMacs, MacBook Pros, Mac Minis and Windows 7 based computers (Windows computers require a qualified PCIe-to-FireWire adapter card)
- Provides native systems with a DSP boost for running larger mixes
- Allows taking UAD plug-ins "on the road," mixing on any Intel-based Mac with an available FireWire 800/400 port
- The Custom package includes The Analog Classics bundle, plus it allows the user to pick any three individual UAD plug-ins at registration
- Analog Classics bundle features the LA-2A Classic Audio Leveler, 1176LN/1176SE Classic Limiting Amplifiers, Pultec EQP-1A, and Realverb Pro plug-ins
- Access nearly sixty additional plug-ins from Ampex, Lexicon, Roland, Studer, Neve, Manley, SSL, EMT, Empirical Labs, MXR and more (sold separately)
- Combine with other UAD-2 devices, including UAD-2 PCIe card(s) and the Apollo audio interface
- Compatible with Pro Tools, Logic Pro, Cubase, Live, Digital Performer, and more
- Audio Units, RTAS, and VST plug-in format support on Mac platform and RTAS and VST on Windows systems