The red ViviCam X426 Waterproof Digital Camera from Vivitar may look like a simple point-and-shoot camera, but it is also designed to withstand depths of up to 10' underwater. With its 10MP CMOS sensor, 8x digital zoom, and HD video recording, the X426 is also designed to make it quick and easy to shoot both photos and videos above and below the surface.
A built-in flash and anti-shake technology allows you to capture images in low-lit conditions, like those often found underwater. Never miss a shot simply because the light is too dim. With a 2.4" rear LCD display, taking photos and changing menu options is quick and easy whether you're standing or swimming. You can also capture close-ups on land or underwater with the macro mode switch.
No matter what you're shooting, all of the photos are stored on removable microSD memory cards (sold separately) and the camera is easily powered by convenient AAA batteries. When it comes time to edit or share them, you can use the included Vivitar Experience software CD to get them just right.
- 10MP Resolution CMOS Sensor
- The camera's 10MP resolution sensor keeps your images detailed and clear, making it easy for you to crop, edit and print them later on.
- Fixed f/2.8 Lens & 4x Digital Zoom
- The camera has a fixed focal length lens, with an f/2.8 aperture. While this means it cannot zoom on its own, the camera's software is able to zoom 8x with its digital zoom capabilities.
- Waterproof to 10' Below
- With this camera you don't have to worry about the rain getting it wet, or a swimming pool for that matter, because it is rated waterproof down to 10' (3.0 m) underwater.
- 2.4" Rear LCD Display
- With its 2.4" rear LCD display, you can quickly see and edit camera settings while you shoot - and show them off after shooting.
- Anti-Shake Image Stabilization
- To keep your high resolution images sharp, the camera's anti-shake technology reduces the blurring effects of camera shake.
- HD 720p Video Recording
- Capture your memories as they happen in high definition video, thanks to this camera's 720p HD video recording capability.
- Macro Shooting Mode Switch
- Shoot very close-up images of minute details in macro mode, getting right up against your subject with the flick of the camera's macro mode switch.
- Built-In Flash, USB 2.0 & microSD Card Slot
- The camera's built-in flash allows you to shoot in darker conditions, making sure everyone is visible. Then use the USB 2.0 and microSD memory card ports to transfer your images to a computer to edit them, or a printer to hang them in your house.
- Auto Face & Smile Detection Technology
- Make sure your subjects look their best with automatic face and standard smile detection modes. As soon as everyone is looking and smiling, the camera will detect and focus right on them.
- ISO Sensitivity: 50-400
- With several different levels of sensitivity, from 50 to 400, you can shoot in a variety of lighting situations in either bright sunlight, dim low light and anywhere in between.