The Extensor HDMI2SDI: HDMI to HD-SDI Converter from Vitec Multimedia features two HDMI inputs and two SDI outputs with downscaling selections.
One HDMI input serves as a back-up when both inputs are connected to identical sources, such as two set top boxes. If the live input fails or its source gets unplugged, the converter will automatically switch to the back-up. An integrated downscaler allows the two SDI outputs to carry the same signal in different resolutions. Downscaling selections also include converting interlaced to progressive. Audio inputs consist of stereo unbalanced audio and digital AES / EBU, and both the inputs and outputs support 4 pairs of embedded audio. The HDMI inputs support 12 bits full depth acquisition.
An OSD displays all status information, such as input signal detected and resolution, superimposed directly on the output signal. An embedded standardized colorbar pattern allows for equipment calibration.
- 2 HDMI Inputs & 2 SDI Outputs with Downscaling
- Two HDMI inputs: one is a back-up when both are connected to identical sources
- Downscaler enables the two SDI outputs to carry the same signal in different resolutions
- Downscaling selections include converting interlaced to progressive
- Stereo unbalanced and AES / EBU audio inputs and embedded audio support
- An OSD displays all status information superimposed directly on the output signal
- An embedded standardized colorbar pattern lets you calibrate equipment