The Vitec Multimedia Focus FS-T2001 Portable Field Deck is an SDI recorder featuring Sony's full range of professional recording formats and two SxS card slots for native compatibility with Sony's workflow and media. A 250GB HDD is additionally integrated for direct storage. The recorder is designed for both ENG and EFP applications and can export out to both Macs and PCs.
The design and GUI are simple and intuitive: standard-type transport controls and a thumbnail clip menu for playback selection. You can play clips on the integrated 2.4" LCD or export them to an external monitor. You can also monitor live on the LCD. Transferring clips is simple too -- either copy them between SxS cards or onto the HDD, transfer them to a computer via an included USB cable, or share them over an FTP/CIFS network.
The top resolution supported is 1080i60/50. The SDI input features 4 channels of embedded audio and embedded timecode. The rest of the connections consist of SDI, HDMI, Composite BNC, and RCA audio outputs, two USB ports that can be used in host or device mode, and a 1Gbps RJ45 port for network connection.
- Key Features
- HD/SD-SDI input; SDI, HDMI, Composite BNC, and RCA audio output
- 4-channel SDI embedded audio
- Interoperability with Sony camera and ingest tools
- Record/Play in XDCAM HD/HD422 (MXF) EX (MP4) file formats
- Standard transport controls and user-friendly GUI
- Live monitoring and playback via 2.4" color LCD
- Easy media management with IT connectivity
- Playback selection using thumbnail clips
- Supports Sony Workflow and Media
- The FS-T2001 incorporates the complete range of Sony professional recording formats, including 50Mbps MPEG HD422, and XDCAM HD/EX. The recorder also supports removable SxS Pro, SxS-1 and SDHC professional media and features 250GB of internal storage capacity for recording/playback and media management.
- Thumbnail Clip Menu
- An intuitive thumbnail clip menu makes finding and playing back recorded video clips simple. These clips can be viewed either on the LCD of the recorder and/or from an external SDI or HDMI monitor.
- IT Connectivity for Media Management
- You can manage recorded video clips in many different ways: copy clips from one card to another or to the 250 GB HDD, transfer clips from the recorder to a computer via USB cable, or share content over the network (CIFS or FTP) by Ethernet connection.