The PMD620 MKII Portable Stereo Flash Recorder from Marantz is a portable field recorder with built-in condenser microphones that offers recording, playback, editing and security features in a handheld package. Like its predecessor the PMD620, the PMD620 MKII offers all-in-one portable recording and introduces a host of features and advancements.
Security features have been added to the MKII to help keep your device and your recordings safe from unauthorized access. Menu locking and passcode protection keeps recorder usage restricted. File encryption allows you to lock specific .WAV or .MP3 files and passcode protect them. Encrypted files can only be played back on the PMD620 MKII itself by users that have the passcode. These security features may be useful in law enforcement, court recording, surveillance, and government applications. Other features include the linear retake record function, which allows for quick retake recordings on-the-fly, and the SD card check feature which allows you to easily check the compatibility of a particular SD card type. The MKII also features a black exterior finish, updated from the original PMD620.
In addition to these features, the PMD620 MKII offers the full gambit of legacy features including the built-in stereo pair of condenser microphones, a high contrast OLED display, one hand transport control, mic and line level 3.5 mm mini inputs, a 3.5 mm mini line output and an internal playback speaker.
- Lightweight and Compact
- Compact in size (62 x 102 x 25 mm) and light weight (4 oz) with an ergonomic design, the PMD620 MKII is made for work in the field
- Built-In Stereo Microphones
- Built-in stereo condenser microphone array for easy "point and shoot" audio recording
- One Hand Transport Control
- Thumb operated transport wheel and tactile plus one-touch recording for quick operation
- Device Passcode Protection
- The PMD620 MKII can be locked and passcode protected to prevent unauthorized usage
- Audio File Encryption
- Encrypt audio files and assign a passcode for access. Only those with the passcode can open and play the files
- Linear Retake Record Function
- Retake record function allows you go back though the previously recorded audio to set a new record start point and retake a specific section of the recording
- SD Card Check Compatibility Feature
- "SD Card Check" function quickly checks the compatibility of an SD card when inserted. Useful for checking a particular type of SD card prior to buying to make sure the card is compatible
- On-Board Editing
- Built-in Copy Segment function provides simple editing in the field without the use of a computer
- Computer Integration
- The USB 2.0 port lets you easily transfer audio to a computer via drag and drop