The K5600 Alpha 1600 HMI Head employs a unique design which pairs a high efficiency quartz composite reflector that out-performs aluminum reflectors by 15%, with structural air vents that allow the head to run cool enough to angle it straight down during operation. The "Open-Eye" construction yields a hard light effect with crisp, sharply defined shadows. Intended primarily for use as a Fresnel, the slim, 10.65" profile head accepts an optional 9.5" lens that transforms the luminaire into an exceptionally small Fresnel with a 5.0 to 60 degree focusing range. The wide, sturdy, steel yoke has both Junior 1 1/8" and a Baby 5/8" male mounting pins. The Alpha 1600 has a captive 9.0 power cord. Note: The Alpha 1600 requires separate purchase of an HMI lamp a 1,600W ballast for use.
- Extremely Lightweight and Compact
- This "Open-Eye" HMI fixture converts to a very small Fresnel via an optional unique drop-in Fresnel lens
- The quartz composite reflector is 15% brighter than standard aluminum reflectors
- The combination of the quartz composite reflector with computer designed, structural air vents provides efficient convection cooling in any operating position. You can even point it straight down
- The Alpha 1600 includes a permanently installed piece of borosilicate, which gives a hard light effect with crisp, hard shadows. When using the easily installed, optional Fresnel lens, you get a traditional Fresnel effect that's perfectly controllable and provides a focusing range of 5.0 to 60 degrees. Quick, safe release of the lamp is achieved via a simple latch on the ceramic G22 socket