This item is controlled on the U.S. Commerce Control List set forth in the Export Administration Regulations or the U.S. Munitions List set forth in the International Traffic in Arms Regulations, and may require a license or other authorization from the U.S. Government to be exported from the United States. Without limitation, parties purchasing from B&H are solely responsible for determining applicable export licensing requirements and for obtaining any licenses or other authorizations from the appropriate agencies of the U.S. Government that are necessary for exporting the item, such as the U.S. Department of Commerce or the U.S. Department of State.
This HD8 Underwater Housing from Equinox is a waterproof case for the Sony NEX-VG30 camcorder with E-mount 16mm f/2.8 lens. It has a depth rating of 250'. The housing provides access to all essential camcorder functions via the following manual, mechanical controls: power on/off, record start/stop, photo, auto focus and ND filter. It also features a 6" dome port to accommodate the NEX-VG30's lens, and includes a wide-angle accessory lens to help correct for the minimized field of view underwater. An included external color correction filter for blue water helps to restore some of the colors that are lost underwater.
Built for durability, the HD8 is constructed from thermal-based polyvinyl carbonate. Its Ballast Release System makes for easy travel and quick transport to the water's surface. Simply pull on the quick release pin on one of the wings and the wing and ballast/handle are both released; the housing now becomes positive in buoyancy and shoots to the surface. When the BRS is not engaged, the housing has close to neutral buoyancy.
- Depth Rating
- Can be used at a maximum depth of 250'
- Provides access to all essential camcorder functions via the following manual, mechanical controls: power on/off, record start/stop, photo, auto focus and ND filter
- Made from durable, thermal-based polyvinyl carbonate
- Near-neutral buoyancy
- Lens Port
- Includes 6" dome port to accommodate camcorder's E-mount 16mm f/2.8 lens. An optional flat port for macro shooting is also available
- Wide-Angle Accessory Lens
- Includes a wide-angle adapter lens to help correct for the minimized field of view underwater. An optional step-up ring will allow you to attach this lens directly to your 16mm f/2.8
- Color Filter
- An external color-correction filter for blue water is supplied to help restore hues that get absorbed and lost underwater
- Ballast Release System
- Enables easy travel and fast transport to the surface. Just pull on the quick release pin on one of the wings and the wing and ballast/handle are both released; the housing now becomes positive in buoyancy and shoots to the water's surface
- Recommended Optional Accessories
- Lighting arm adapters are available for attaching optional video lights. The E/O bulkhead allows you to send video feed to the water's surface with the separate purchase of the 18" E.O. connector male bulkhead cable. Additionally, 2.5" and 3.5" rear-mounted LCD monitors can be purchased to improve visibility. The optional tripod mount #TPM is also available, and has a standard 1/4"-20 thread